Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hello...


It's been way too long now. Not much has changed. Yet tons of things have changed. Both of my kids are in high school now. That's huge! Babygirl went through a couple years of Hell and I am so glad she is starting to grow up. Littleman isn't so little any more. He stands 5'11". He had a great awesome wonderful year last year. He had a direction and a drive that was unstoppable. Both kids went to Panama for the summer & came back changed. She for the better and he for the worse.
All his drive and direction seems to have been replaced with the need to be a slacker who wants to get high, get layed, play video games and fail. IMHO he is heading down a slippery slope with very little chance of turning it around. *sigh* He was on the drill team last year and took them to nationals. He was riding that wave of goodness. This year I can barely get him out of the bed. He refuses to go to drill but wants all the benefits it brings. I don't like him very much lately. I hope that changes soon.
She seems to have realized that sneaking out, bad behavior and general rebelliousness doesn't get you anywhere. She is now on the drill team and is involved with her very handsome commanding officer. "Spark" happens to be a little younger than my son but with a lot on the ball and a wonderful future. Good kid, good family, good grades and a great smile.
My job is going good for the moment. I hope we are able to stay afloat through Christmas. Hubby is wonderful as usual :)
Just please let my son be going through a phase and please let this phase be over really soon.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Character Builder said...

Hang in there! I have a friend whose son went through a really tough time at about that same age. His was due to his best friend killing himself, but basically acted the same way you described. It was a long couple of years, but she always made it known that she was there for him, and now he's a college graduate with a really good job. There is hope. Just be patient and things will be just fine in the end.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks CB. I guess I am tired and frustrated. I really needed to hear that, it gives me hope.

11:04 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Yay, you're back. I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I wub you a lot!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks MB, wub you wots and wots too!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home