Monday, August 25, 2008

IS IT MONDAY AGAIN???


I swear I can't believe it's Monday already. I took Friday off and stayed home out of the rain. Best decision I have made in a long time. They didn't really need me here at work and even the ducks were unhappy at the amount of rain we were getting. I am so glad we got the rain, we really needed it. I don't mind having it rain steady and nicely. It was just NASTY on Friday thanks to Fay...
I was able to finish up all the laundry and clean a bit. It felt so good to not have anything left to do around the house. Saturday we went to a fund raiser to raise money for a friend of the family who is 14 and was diagnosed with Leukemia. If you head over to my Flickr you can see pics of my son getting his head shaved for the cause. He was the first one in the chair. My husband did it too. Which I don't need to tell you was completely unnecessary since he is already bald. But of course it was $10.00 to the cause. No! There was no way in Hell I was shaving my head, um, nope! They had a blood drive and I tried to donate but they wouldn't take it because I lived in Europe in 1996. WTF! The Red Cross takes my blood every chance they can get. They are blood suckers!!! Whatever! At least I tried.
Sunday I went with my GF to see the Pineapple Express. Um yeah, it's a stoner movie and I love stoner humor but DAMN this was violent!!! We went to the 2:00 because it was cheaper. That was about it. Hope your weekends were eventful and fun.

Oh and I also wanted to thank all of you who supported me when I was feeling down last week.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

Fay is finally making her way up here, but not enough to really do any good as far as our drought goes.

I have to ask. Did your friend refuse to kick the loser out for a night so you could hang at her place loser free?

Yay, for little man, can't wait to see him in his football uniform!

Love you guys

1:43 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Nope, so I never went over Friday or Saturday for that matter. I refused to sleep over... now she is talking about kicking him out this week because he is,"draining her minimal resources"...(ya think?!!!) She just needs to give him the boot.

I am hoping to catch him during practice this afternoon, my battery is charged and ready!

We love you guys too!

1:56 PM  
Blogger just a kat said...

So sorry to hear about the friend with leukemia. I lost my mom, GB lost his dad to that dam disease. Yay to LM and dad for shaving their heads to show support - right on! I gave platelets to my moms and my ex (still married then) gave too. Kudos to you for trying to give blood.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home