Monday, August 04, 2008

ALMOST HERE....


We all went to the school open house yesterday. Yep, open house on a Sunday. That was strange. The schedules look good except my daughter who is the most gentle sweet person on this earth has the same Language Arts teacher from last year. This woman can't stand her for whatever reason. *heavy sigh* I am ready to have her switch (only if I have to). Of course I hate to be that mother! Babygirl said that this teacher has no classroom control and is completely haggard which she takes out on the kids, ugh! The rest of her teachers are like the dream team of teachers that every parent wishes for their child and if we switch this one teacher, we have to switch them all. Which of course we don't want to do. So she is going to suck it up and try to deal with her and hope for the best. Poor kid. I told her to go in with a great attitude and win her over with her personality.
Littleman has a fairly good group of teachers, I am pleased thus far, give me some time though. He is trying out for football next week. We shall see... Hope everyone has a great Monday, mine has started out with a bang!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I can totally relate to what your daughter is going through. Oddly enough, I went through the same thing, but loving the challenge of one of those "haggard and worn out" teachers who just had about enough with life. She can win her over if she calls her out on it. For instance, tell her to give the teacher a smile and chuckle (not sarcastically) whenever she gets angry at her or snaps---letting her know, "I gotchyer' number." It works every time.

God I miss those types of mean people. I even worked for a boss who was the meanest person alive. I was persistent in making her laugh- not persistent in kissing ass, however, just letting her know that she CAN be liked...............can. ;)

Good luck! Hope things go ok!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh ~Deb it's always so good to see you! Thank you for the words of encouragement, you are always good with that. I will pass this bit of knowledge on to Babygirl and have her put it in to practice.

Oh and have I told you lately that YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!

9:07 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Is the football program affiliated with school? Perhaps if he makes the team and really enjoys it, AND there are grade requirements to stay on the team...he'll be a little more motivated to apply himself?!?!?!

We can hope.

Best of luck to both of them.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Tysgirl- Yes it is connected to the school and the coach is his U.S. Georgia History teacher... So I think this is a step in the right direction. Oh and they have to have a B average...

Lucky for us this district considers anything less than a 70 as failing so it is easier to keep the grades up.

Thanks Kat. She is going to make this work, I just know it. If anyone can turn lemons into lemonade it is Babygirl.

They work in "teams" and if we wanted to rid ourselves of the b*tch on wheels, we would have to switch teams entirely which means losing all the good ones...

I'll keep the neck punching in mind, I may need you!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

I had the stupid teams stuff in Junior High too and on my first day of school I was given my team and one of the teachers was one that my brother had had and he was terrible. He showed movies all year and didn't teach. My parents refused to allow me to have him as a teacher. The school told my Mom are you sure you want to move Karin from this team all the other teachers are the best in the school and if you move her she loses all of them. They moved me and I had great teachers on another team. Anyway the point is the school stacks the deck to hide a bad teacher that they are stuck with because of tenure. That could be the case for baby girl as well.

Well at least your day started with a bang and it isn't even hump day. I am so jealous.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home