Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HELLO......
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*
IS THIS THING ON???


What a Hellava week. I went to our very dear friend's retirement ceremony. He retired from the Navy after serving 20 years and he is not even 40 yet! How cool is that??? Not to mention (but of course I will) they have a newborn and a brand new house. That was so fun, I really enjoyed the ceremony and the visit. Check out the pics on my Flickr.
Saturday we chilled.
Sunday I played Bunco with my monthly group.
I started feeling not so good after I left and I thought it was because I was hot and a little tired.
I took last week off (THANKFULLY!) and woke up Monday dizzy and vomiting. That SO sucked.
Tuesday was a little better but not much. I did manage to take the kids to see Space Chimps because I hate breaking a promise. I came home and went back to bed.
Wednesday was by far the best day. I was feeling better so we went out to Tybee Island, played in the water then went to eat at the Crab Shack.
Thursday I woke up late and felt like I was run over by a truck but I promised to take them over and visit one of our friends who has a 2 year old sweet little boy (will post pics later). That just about wore me out!
Friday I was planning to lay low but the friend we went to see on Thursday decided they wanted to come to our house and visit so I had to clean (with help from my kids) the house and thankfully she was about an hour late... The hubby wanted to go out to eat. I went and didn't eat much.
Saturday I was bed bound again, vomiting and feeling generally poor.
Sunday was the same as Saturday. The kids and the hubby took great care of me with chicken broth and a quiet house.
I had to work yesterday, ugh!
Today I am feeling a little better. I think being able to hold down my dinner last night was a huge help.
So I hope everyone has a wonderful today!

6 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

:( What is going on with you? You seem to be getting sick a lot lately. I wonder if the stress of Littleman is wearing you down?!?!?!

I wondered how it was you were on Tybee Island during working hours last week when you texted me. Didn't know you were on vacation. Good for you.

Take good care of yourself!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I'm sure stress isn't helping in the least but there is a "super-bug" going around the hospital where most of my "bunco ladies" work and I have a feeling they gave me a little gift...

I needed a vacation, too bad I couldn't enjoy it *pout*

I promise when I am well and can get away, I am coming to your place!

11:26 AM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Wow...I hope you're feeling better soon.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Miranda, I am usually a very hearty person, but I have had a lot of stuff kick my butt this summer...

4:37 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

And that is why we have to be nice to the kids and hubby, for when the time comes that we are very sick they will looketh after us and make us broth :)
Huggs and I hope you are feelign much better soon :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Cazzie!!!

You're so right! Treat the kids really well because some day they will pick your nursing home.... LOL!!!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home