Wednesday, August 06, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL TODAY....

My kids are sitting in their first period class right now as I am typing this.
I'm a little sad. Since they were little tiny people I have driven them to school the very first day but this year they are so grown they didn't want me to drive them in. Well, should I say my son didn't want me to drive them in and my daughter didn't care.
*sigh*
I know that in these years to come I will not be their superhero mom, I will be less than important and I have to come to terms with it.
I'm just not ready today.
Hope everyone has a good Humpday...

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

That's normal. I remember when I was younger, even though I thought my mom was supermama, I told her to drop me off a block before. Has nothing to do with you, it has everything to do with their being "grown up" and "cool".

Hang in there!

Why are they starting school so early? In NY, school starts in Sept.

{{hugs}}

8:24 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

You're still important, they're just less willing to admit it out loud!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

~Deb- Thanks, I need the pep talk this morning... They start school and the 6th and get out May 22nd. Where I come from we start after Labor Day and get out on Flag Day.

Thanks Tysgirl, MWAH! When Bean gets this age I promise to make you feel better too!

8:58 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

Yup! You're still very important, but they just might not realize it or want to pretend you're not. I know that now, my Mom is right back to being the most incredible, amazing person that I know. You'll be there again, just be patient ;-)

12:33 PM  
Blogger just a kat said...

Oh you're still their mama - it's that whole teen angst thing. Promise.
((hugs))
kat

2:36 PM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Aww...I remember those days. (((Big hugs))).

Miranda

4:22 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Q, I wish you lived closer...

I know you're right Kat, I just didn't expect this all so soon... and thanks.

Miranda I should seek you for advice on teens you seem to have been through the best and the worst...

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home