Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NEGLECT...

Yep, that's what you call it. I have been neglecting this place woefully. So I decided to brush out the cobwebs and spruce it up around here. You know, to make it seem a little more like home. I have been chilling over at that place known as FACEBOOK. You know that place? It's pretty cool. I unfortunately check that page over there more than I come over here. That my friends is called neglect. I have neglected that private side of myself and neglect all of you. All (what?) 5 of you maybe on a good day?
Pedro is adjusting well. He is a quirky little animal. Anything he finds on the porch is hauled out to a certain spot in the back yard. He tries to bury shoes (and socks). He does not eat if I am standing next to him. He is very affectionate. Oh and did I tell you, he's blind? He can see light and dark and movement. That's it. He doesn't know who you are until you talk. It's funny when you sneak up on him, he just about pees himself. He is so sweet, I am glad we got him. My son is mad at me because we are getting him fixed tomorrow and says I am taking away his manhood... That coming from a 14 year old boy of course. My folks are coming up this weekend to celebrate me. It is my birthday on the 1st. So I am going to have good food and lots of laughs, just the way I like it.
Happy Humpday Everyone!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger just a kat said...

Oh, I am SO happy you adopted Pedro! So many animals do not get adopted (or kept) when the owners find out they are deficient in a sense. My Sinatra was deaf and I searched high & low for him - I only wanted a deaf dane - that dog was the smartest thing on 4 paws. Pedro is lucky to have your family and I am SOOOOO proud of you!!! OOOH!! I could just hug you!!!
You will just have to make sure you "announce yourself" to Pedro. Mine was the opposite, we had to make sure Sinatra could see us!!
Tell son "you cannot miss what you dont use". Pedro will be fine. And I suspect that as he comes to trust you more, he may eat if you are next to him. I could take food out of Sinatra's mouth, that's how much of a baby he was!!
You give Pedro a big pat from Aunt Kat, k?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I'm on Facebook too, its just as addicting. Glad your cat is doing well.

From one Gemini to another....HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thank you Kat, that means a whole lot coming from you. Pedro is such a big old baby. He will let me take his food too. I think he is waiting for me to eat first, LOL!

Aw thanks Miranda (when is your B-day again?) I should try and find you on Facebook, oh wait, I don't even know your last name, duh! LOL!

2:07 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I'm so glad you adopted Pedro! What a lucky boy :-)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I am glad I adopted him too but I feel like the lucky one...

2:53 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

I'm late to the party as usual. Pedro sounds like a sweetie! I hope you have a great time with your parents and a super happy birthday!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yayy for Pedro..and lol at your son saying his "manhood" is being taken away..he will be a good little pet after that you watch

3:47 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thank you Tysgirl and better late than never!!!

Pedro is awesome and I am sure he won't miss them... A friend of mine told me to tell my son it's either the dog or him.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home