Saturday, April 18, 2009

GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY???

I did my first ever 5K!!!
We raised money for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure breast cancer research foundation.
We had the option to run "In Memory of or In Celebration of"
Of course I picked my Luis Fernandito. I know it wasn't cancer, but I do a lot in my life in his memory.
The hubby ran in memory of his father who passed away from colon cancer when my hubby was only 6 months old.
Ruby was even there!!! How cool is that?
This is T-Mom she is now a colon cancer survivor... She was also our team captain.
I don't get very many pics of me so of course I am posting them all...
This was my view nearing the end of it.
There were lots and lots and lots of people...
It was a good morning!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Queen-Size funny bone said...

congrats, for a good cause.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Q-S I had a lot of fun!

7:57 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

You grew your hair out!

Congrats on a job well done. It's good to see T-Mom out and about.

7:16 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

I'm not sure if you know this but Sharkey is a 2 time breast cancer survivor!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Tysgirl! Yes I have grown it out and I can almost put it in a ponytail. T-mom was so worn out. She still has open incisions. She is such a trooper and hung out like a good team captain. She went home and drugged up.

I did NOT know that Sharkey is a survivor X2!!! Now this race means just that much more!

9:46 AM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Way to go!!!! I did that last October, Im going to do it again!

http://thoughtsinmyhead1.blogspot.com/2008/10/cibc-run-for-cure.html

1:39 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Miranda I have always known that we have a lot in common and this is just one more thing to prove my point! My hubby was so in to it that he can't wait to do more fundraisers. I am so very proud of him.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home