Thursday, April 30, 2009

2 THINGS...


Some of you may already know, but I have been pretty quiet thus far. It is painful but now is the time I feel I must share. It has been almost a month now that my beloved Alli has taken a leave of absence. When we were vising my brother for his Baptism Alli decided to wander. She is a girl with a driving need to travel. She has taken off before only to be back in a matter of minutes/hours and in some cases days. She always managed to find her way back to us. We have combed the area. We have driven around looking for her and even notified animal controls in 2 different counties. Of course all this was to no avail.
Alli is gone and I don't see her coming back anytime soon.We miss you, you big goober.
I hope one day you find it in your heart to come back to us. We are your family and we love you very much.
On a good note, I went to the local Humane Society (looking for Alli) and found a dog that is already part of our family. I knew it the minute I met him. He is so cute. I talked to the hubby and I even brought him over there so they could meet. Now mind you I am technically NOT a dog person. I like other people's dogs and I would really like a "pocket" dog. But I totally prefer cats. Alli was a good dog to have around. She was so protective of her people and she was fun to play with. I miss the old dork. Since I have an acre of fenced in yard, I decided that this homeless pup needs to come live with us. They named him Chance, but I am going to call him Pedro...
If or when Alli ever does come back, we will welcome her home with open arms and enjoy having 2 dogs.


Oh and on an almost unrelated subject, I totally have the hots for Cesar Millan... You know, the dog whisperer. Yeah, I would totally go there... Yeah so what... At least I know what I like...

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Queen-Size funny bone said...

I sure hope Alli is just on holiday and returns home to live happily ever after with Pedro.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I'm with Alli, he just needed to find himself, he'll be home soon. (((BIG HUGS)))

11:25 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

I'm so sorry. Ali was such a sweet girl!

Please tell Pedro he will need to give my husband a fat lip in Ali's honor the next time we visit.

Hugs

6:06 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

QS- I firmly believe that Alli is just on an extended holiday and will come back to her senses in no time.

Thanks JMA (hugs back atcha)

Thanks Tysgirl, maybe I talked about your girls too much and maybe she is on her way to your house to meet them in person. You know, Ty can't be considered family until he has his lip split open courtesy of my dog... So it looks like he's related already, LOL!

7:45 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I was so sad to learn this news the other day :-( But I have to hope that Ali has found herself a loving home and whoever has her just doesn't want to let her come back to you because they love her *that* much!

Pedro is so cute!

3:21 PM  
Blogger just a kat said...

Awww, I hope Ali comes back - but if she doesn't, it HAS to be because another family has figured out how loveable she is.
Pedro looks adorable!
Give him a big hug & pet from me....

3:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

HI, just stumbled across your blog and had to comment.
Our baby is a black lab. Hoping your little family member finds their way back to you soon!

3:01 PM  
Blogger ~SugarBear~ said...

I hope your baby comes back to you soon. She will love her new friend, Pedro (so cute!).

11:03 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Q My thoughts exactly.

Thanks Kat, I snuggled him for you.

Welcome ModernMom, thank you.

Thanks ~SB~ I know she will adore him.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home