Monday, December 17, 2007

I MADE IT BACK, SAFE AND IN ONE PIECE.....
I wish I could say the same for Fred. Poor, poor Fred may he rest in peace. Fred one of the five Guppies that I so proudly placed in my new aquarium... missed me so much when I went away this weekend, he ended his life... Well, that's what I like to think, but reality shows that the person responsible for taking care of my animals and feeding my fish fed them about 1/2 a can of fish food.
*insert heavy sigh here*
Poor little thing was laying on the bottom of the tank, the nasty, cloudy, scummy looking, fish-food-filled tank. So after driving 1/2 the day and night, we had to come home take care of our immediate needs, then vacuum the tank. Oh yeah that's what I want to do after spending a weekend with my family (joy). This morning the tank was clear and the fish appeared to be happy.
Oh and my dog wet her bed sometime in the middle of the night. That was so out of character for her, I hope she's O.K.
I will update further when I am not at work....

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Poor Fred...

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tyguy said...

Well let's hope Fred went to the big pond over the rainbow w/ a full belly. I'm sure he was a good fish. :)

Keep an eye on the furry one. Seems strange to wet her bed. One thing to watch for is a UTI. Can cause uncontrollable accidents.

Glad you guys made it home safe.

"T"

9:56 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Sherri

Ty- I'm sure he is swimming in a clean fishbowl in the sky.
Allie seemed O.K. last night and did good overnight. I will keep an eye on her, she's a good girl.
Oh and I am so glad to be home safe.

9:00 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

:( I don't know how I missed this post last night. I'm sorry.

Poor Fred, he's swimming with the angel fishes now, bless his little Guppie heart.

So, since you got the family out of the way last weekend, does that mean you get to stay home and relax for Christmas? Glad you had a safe trip, hope you managed to have some fun.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Hey, it's all good....

Well originally I was going to have Christmas alone with my fam and one of my single GFs. We were going to just chill and hang, but NOOOOOOooooo. My Bro2 and his wife decided they were bringing my MiL up Christmas day instead of the day after as was planned... There goes MY day. But taking the good with the bad, I get my mother in law whom I adore. SO I guess I can put up with them for one more day.

You know that you and Ty can always make your way here for the holidays... Maybe ring in the new year.... Hey just a thought!!! ;-)

10:19 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

Poor Fred, may he rest in peace.

I hope your doggy is ok. Like Ty mentioned, an UTI could be an issue.

Happy Holidays Big Mama and Fam!!

4:31 PM  
Blogger MBCBUYB said...

I've never had to provide a eulogy for a fish, which is probably for the best as I'm pretty sure I would utter the phrase 'In a Minute' and collapse into laughter.

On a serious note though, sorry to hear about the ex-fishy.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home