Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I AM SO EXCITED!!!
I just had to share. I have been wanting to volunteer this Christmas doing something worthwhile. Well, on the news last night there was a piece about the women's safe shelter. They need everything! This is the place where battered women and children go to seek help and survive. SOooooo I called today and adopted a family. They are going to get back with me to give me my family so I can have a list of what they need and want.
I am so excited!!!
I (thank God) have never been in a situation like theirs. The thought of these kids getting something/anything Christmas morning just makes me all giggly. As a mom, I know that seeing your child open a gift with a huge smile on their face is the BEST GIFT EVER. O.K. I know I am making it all about me, but it makes ME happy.
I think this will be a great experience for the kids to give instead of get this year.
(Yes, not to worry they are getting alot of stuff....)
Just so all of you know, I have been testing out the new lens that Tysgirl got for me but I have not been able to get on my computer at home. My son has a huge project due the end of this week and I don't DARE even go in to the computer room. So, as soon as I can, I will post my lame attempts at the new lens.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

That is awesome that you're doing that for the family. You totally ROCK!!!

Can't wait to see your pics. I just LOVE my "nifty fifty" lens :-)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Sooz!

I can assure you that the few pics that I have are pretty awful. I need Tysgirl to get back here to teach me how to use it!

9:24 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

you're the best!

I'll get there as soon as I can!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks!

You're the best!!!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home