Tuesday, December 11, 2007

JUST A QUICKIE...
Yes, I said quickie... As in a quick note to say hey! I received the list that I have been waiting for. Remember I said something about adopting a woman and her children from the Safe Shelter. Well I got the list yesterday and I just HAD to go to the mall. She needs basic stuff like a bath mat and towels. Her kids are 5 & 6 and they need underwear and winter coats, etc. So I went and picked up 2 little coats, 2 little shirts and a pair of jammies. I'm not done yet, but that's a start. I am at a loss as to what to get my children. They don't ask for much and are so very good. I only wish I could give them the world.
If anyone out there has any suggestions as to what to give a 13 year old boy and a 12 year old girl, please let me know.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

You're a good woman charlie brown.

wub ya!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

So are you Lucy...

Wub ya right back!

12:52 PM  
Blogger MBCBUYB said...

It's awesome that you are adopting a family. You are making a wonderful example.

As for present examples for 13 year old boy and a 12 year old girl. Hmm. Well, Even though I was one once (the boy half of that combo) I'm afraid I was pretty abnormal compared to the typical teenager so I can't be of much help.

You could always buy a bottle of scotch, a hunting rifle and a kite made of balsa wood. Don't know how that would help just pointing out things you could do.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks MBCBUYB- I am so excited about our adopted family.

My kids are totally out of the ordinary thus making it almost impossible to shop for them. My son has read every novel the school has to offer not to mention all the ones I have bought for him. He loves to pick up books that are 3 or more inches thick. He reads above a high school level and I did get him 4 Tom Clancy novels that won't last him very long.

"You could always buy a bottle of scotch, a hunting rifle and a kite made of balsa wood."<-is that suggestion for ME or the KIDS??? Just wondering....

8:47 AM  
Blogger Tyguy said...

Oh Man.... hope I'm not too late. The perfect gift for a couple of kiddies... A plan ticket for them (and mom and dad of course) to the beautiful Smokey Mountains!!! :)

Good luck w/ the adopted family. You are such a big softy.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home