Monday, June 18, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!




Yeah, I know I'm a little late, but c'mon I was away this weekend. Thanks NWJR for making me cry a little with your Father's Day post. My dear sweet husband, the father of my children and my soulmate grew up without his father. No, he did not leave the family. He died when my husband was but a mere 6 months old. From what we hear he was a kind and gentle man. He had lots of energy before he got sick. He died from colon cancer when he was just 26 years old. My poor husband grew up without a dad. I have to admit his mother took the job of mother and father very seriously, she never dated or remarried. She focussed on being the best parent ever.



I love my mom-in-law.



When my hubby and I got married my own father took my husband under his wing and loved him like he was his own flesh and blood. This was the first time in his life that he had a father and loved every minute of it. They did yard work together, he taught him how to clean a chainsaw, they really enoyed/enjoy each others company. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father. My father was the first love of my life. He has always been the beginning and end all of everything as far as I'm concerned. Now I can say that the man I married is just as wonderful as the man who brought me up. How can one person deserve so much greatness in one lifetime. I dunno and I don't care. BUT I am very thankful for what I have.



I love you Poppie!


I love you Sweet!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

Well that was sweet. I'd say they're both pretty lucky to have you!

8:15 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Well thank YOU for making me tear up.

A very nice tribute to two great men and the very DESERVING wife/daughter. You have them because of how great you are. Period.

10:20 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Ummmm, hello?

:::taps on moniter:::

is anyone home?

12:15 PM  
Blogger cher said...

wow, i had no idea your man was such a hottie! good job!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Tysgirl & SoozieQ you two are great for my ego! See I surround myself with greatness (take that as a compliment)

Tysgirl-I'm here, just awful busy!!!

Cher- He ABSOLUTLY is!!! Thanks!

4:15 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

You're a lucky woman. Very sweet post.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home