Friday, February 13, 2009

Judgment at Neurenburg....


At least that's what it feels like when I go to my children's conferences. Yesterday I went home early feeling like poop. I was a little fever-ie. Every muscle and bone in my body hurt, achy and icky. So the last thing I wanted to do was sit across from the teacher teams to hear how absolutely God-awful my children are. Well some good news from the "judges";
Babygirl is getting A's and B's and is finally coming out of her shell. That's a good thing. They are lucky she even speaks to them in class.
Littleman on the other hand well, the only thing they ever say that's nice is,"he is a really smart, sweet boy." of course after that is the dreaded,"BUT..." But he's lazy, but he's inattentive, but, but, but... MY ASS! He has ADHD, I know this. He is on medication for his ADHD. He does the very best he can with what he has to work with. This is the only time in his whole life that he is doing this well (believe it or not). He is making all B's and C's. They don't have D's at their school, anything below a C is failing. I think he is doing O.K., obviously he can do better, all kids can. But if you have ever watched this boy suffer and struggle as much as he has you would know that he really is working hard. I just don't like the teachers making me feel like a bad parent because he is not like all the other kids. I know he's not, that's why he is in Special Education and has provisions in place to help him get through. He does all the same work as all the other kids, he is fully mainstreamed and the allowences he is given are more time on tests and longer times to turn in homework. Ooohhhh is that so hard for the teachers to understand that it does take him longer. His test grades are out of this world so he is obviously getting it and understanding it. Cut him some slack and I am a damn good parent!
They don't call me Big Mama for nothin you know!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Always seems like everyone has a big 'but' these days.

Hope you're feeling better.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Queen-Size funny bone said...

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and I found myself going through school all over once again. they do not know ow to teach these kids. i cannot tell you the times I almost jumped the table and strangled someone in the IEP meetings.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

LOL@Miranda, I am the only one allowed to have a big butt these days, LOL!

I am so glad you understand my plight Q-S. They don't get paid enough to understand or teach them. I fear that he is going to get lost in high school next year.

2:59 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

B's and C's?!?!?!?!

WoW! Good for him. That's a huge improvement over last year, isn't it?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Yes Tysgirl it really REALLY is. I am not complaining at all!

How is my favorite baby-friend? How are you two holding up?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Sounds like you are a good parent to me. Those kids are lucky to have you as their mama, and I feel sorry for those teachers when they really piss you off.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home