Thursday, December 18, 2008

Work with me here...
I am trying really hard to get in to the spirit of things. It is one week before Christmas and I still haven't started shopping yet. I fear that the kids will be terribly disappointed this year. It will be O.K. they know we are not made of money. We did get the shopping done for our adopted family at the battered woman's shelter. Hubby and I are delivering them after work today. I keep trying to tell myself that it is not all about the gifts, but when you are 13 and 14 years old it kind of is. My daughter wanted to give something to her friends at school but we don't have the cash so I showed her how to make little felt mice with candy cane tails. She made a bunch of them last night and took them to school today. (but they have real candy canes) That is better than something she bought anyway. I made a snowball coffee cake last night so she could take it in and share it with the class. They are having a "Holiday" party. (I hate all that PC crap!) It's Christmas damn it!
Anyway, this weekend we are spending it with my family down in Florida. Just got a call from my SIL saying that my BRO2 was in a motorcycle accident Monday and spent the night in the hospital. He is O.K. and on the mend. Poor guy. Hey at least he is here and alive and that is all that counts!
Wish me luck and send lots of good karma my way so I can make this Christmas a special one for my kids.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Sending you and your entire family warm thoughts.

(((HUGS)))

6:17 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Q! I am sending them back your way. I just received the Christmas card. Can I tell you how nice it feels to actually receive mail that is NOT e-mail? Merry Christmas my friend.

8:36 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I'm glad the card arrived timely. I was kinda late in getting them made and was worried some of my non-local friends might not receive them in time.

Merry Christmas to you too!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home