Monday, December 15, 2008

ARE YOU FOR SERIOUS?


My kids and I joke around asking each other that very question...
It just sounds so stupid.
Speaking of stupid... I am finally feeling better except I still have a terrible headache that I have had since last Tuesday. I think it's my new prescription for my glasses so I am not wearing them right now. Anyway, the people downstairs from us decided to paint their office with some horribly smelly (ie: toxic) paint. Now our office is smelly, thanks a lot, that helps my head! NOT! We have an auditor coming in today. Let us hope that all is well and we don't end up closing up shop. That would really suck to lose our jobs right before Christmas.

Speaking of sucking... I called my daughter on my way home Friday afternoon and she informed me that one of her friend's father had passed away that morning. I didn't want to believe it. He was only 39. When my kids were small I worked at a daycare and this little girl was one of my babies. I have known the family for quite a while. They are such a good family and he was a very involved and devoted father. I can say that for a fact. My heart breaks for the family. Makes me really take stock in my family and makes me think about my and my husband's own mortality. I hope they had all their affairs in order. We have Wills and Living Power of Attorneys and a good bit of life insurance.
Please take a minute and hug your family and your spouses. Hug them because K can no longer hug her husband and little K can no longer sit on her father's lap.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

:-( I worry about something happening to me or Ty a lot more now that we're parents.

Scary stuff.

Hugs to you!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Just make sure all your affairs are in order, then sit back and enjoy life. I can't wait to meet Sydney! (well, I can cause I have to...)

That is very scary.

Hugs right back to ya!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home