Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'M HERE IF ONLY FOR A MINUTE...

Can I just vent for a minute?
Indulge me, please.

One of my coworkers who I love dearly has royally FUCKED UP! I know it has nothing to do with me, but I like her and I try to look out for her. This time there is nothing I can do to help. I feel hopeless.
What the Hell is wrong with this country? Obviously there is something really wrong with health care services. If people are driving across the country to drop their teenagers off at hospitals under the safe haven laws, something is broken! These people can not get the help and services they need and ask for. The parents make too much money or the kids haven't killed anyone yet. What kind of system is that? That's fucked up! I don't believe there should be free healthcare, but I do believe that services should be provided before someone gets hurt.
While I am ranting...
Can I please add that California, one of the most Liberal states in the world passed a H8te bill banning same sex marriage??? WTF is that? I may be conservative on most issues, I truly believe with every bone in my body that love is a great thing. Love does NOT hurt anyone, never has. Why and how can anyone deny another person of their rights? It's wrong, and it's not fair. How dare they!!! Like my father always said (and he is a very smart man),"I don't look in their bedroom and they don't look in mine..." How can you deny someone's partner who has been with them and has loved them through everything. You can't it is NOT RIGHT! California you need to step up and do what's right. They are not hurting you.
Shame on all those small minded idiots!
Please let me apologize to all those wonderful honest to goodness real retarded citizens out there (this does not involve you in the least)...

*rant over*
Thank you for letting me vent.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

I have never been more ashamed of my state than I am right now. It was bad enough haven Arnold Schwarzenegger as our Governor and now this?!?

My neighbors across the street still have their "Yes on Prop 8" sign in their front yard. I feel like having the Dog attack the freaking sign.

The elections are OVER and you and your closed minded haters "won", so take the signage down, would ya?!?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh Q how on earth can they do that to people??? I am all the way over here on the east coast and I feel the pain of so many all the way over here. It's just plain wrong! Oh and I think you should send the dog over there to tear it up. Then after it is in shreds you should knock on their door and say,"Oh I'm sorry my dog thought that was an ugly sign...." *grin* People are so dumb!

8:43 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Grrrrrr. This is a sore topic with me as well.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Glad I could be of service.... No, seriously both of those subjects really bother me a LOT!

10:01 AM  
Blogger just a kat said...

We're all totally on the same page. I am completely for equal rights.

Q - can you call your city government and find out the time frame to take down dumbass signs like that after the election (or lack of in Prop 8) is over? Surely there must be something on the books....
Besides, I dont want THE DOG to get splinters. He's too cute! :)

Big Mama, I answered your question on my blog, sorry I was a slacker...

10:27 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Still love ya Kat!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

yeah I was pretty Teed on that one too

found you from tysgirl

7:20 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Awesome IESP! Welcome! I have enjoyed you coming around Tysgirl's blog for a loooong time now. I have popped over to your place a time or two cause I'm a blurker and that's what a blurker does...

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home