Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Humpday....


My kids have report cards coming home today and I am worried. My son has been doing good up until progress reports came out. Then for some reason he didn't think he had to work any more. I received a call from the discipline lady at their school saying that he was not taking notes and not turning in homework, blah blah blah... more of the same.... I asked her to send me a list of the things he was missing. I received the list and forwarded them on to my husband. Hubby called the school and made sure he didn't go to football practice. When we got home all Hell broke loose. I am surprised he can sit today. I have a feeling an attitude adjustment was just what he needed. I expect good behavior and decent grades. Is that too much to ask? My kids are good kids and really pleasant to be around. My daughter does more than expected when it comes to assignments and homework. My son does just enough to skate by. We are trying to get through to him that his future is at stake, not ours. We are not going to be the ones breaking our backs making a living because we don't have an education, it will be him (breaking his back). I hope he understands that we do what we do to pave the way to a good life for HIM. They have a playoff game today. Tournament starts today, lets hope he finally gets to play.... Keep your fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger just a kat said...

Fingers are crossed. Sounds like you guys have the right mindset and I agree with you totally! I've been thru that with my kid and best advice is you gotta wait til they figure it out...
(hugs)

8:48 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

So has he been benched since progress reports came out? It's mean to say, but I hope so. If the school makes empty threats he's going to think he can keep getting away with it.

I'm sorry, I know how hard it is for you to see him being such a little twit. The upside is he has a good heart, hopefully that will prevail in the end!

Hugs

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home