Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I AM HAPPY TODAY...
Do you see this silly wonderful man?
This is my husband. We have been together for over 17 years and married for 16 of those. He is my everything. He had his 40th birthday a couple of weeks ago (hence the "Old Fart" hat).
When he was about 6 months old his father died of colon cancer. It was a swift and painful death that left my husband and his sister without their father. My mother in law did an awesome job raising them. It would have been beyond wonderful had he been there to help.
My husband went to the doctor today to make sure he didn't have any signs of cancer and the oncologist gave him great news and he doesn't have to go back for another five years!
Can I tell you how much better I am breathing tonight?
I love you Sweet, you really are my everything!
Please do yourself a favor and get your checkups, someone out there loves you dearly and needs you here and to be well.

10 Comments:

Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Big Mama's Hubby!!!

Very nice looking guy....*winks*

11:09 PM  
Blogger Emotional Mullet said...

Hello Van Halen Tee. RaWk.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Awesome stuff, so glad he got his cvheck up and is all clear! Good for him...so many more people ought to do it too..trust me, I know it!

4:50 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

YaY for a clean bill of health! However, with a family history...I'm not real crazy about him going 5 years in between check ups. That seems risky to me. I hope you'll do some checking and make sure waiting so long is safe.

Hugs to you both.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks everyone! Let me clarify this, he only needs to see the oncologist in 5 years, he goes faithfully to his regular Dr....

8:15 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I could not agree more with the urging for men (or women) to get checked for this. My Dad self medicated for 2 years (!!!) before finally conceding and going into the Dr. By that time the cancer (in his colon) had spread and he had a 2% chance of survival. THANKFULLY my Dad is ornery (in addition to being stubborn) and now 15 years later is still around, but it's been a very difficult struggle with too many surgeries and scares to mention.

It's so important to be proactive and/or reactive if anything seems "off", ya know?

So glad to hear he's healthy...here's to many more birthdays!!! :-)

12:51 PM  
Blogger just a kat said...

Yay Big Mama's Man for the A+ bill of health!! And you are ROCKING that VH shirt, ya big stud!!
Big Mama, is his smile ALWAYS that mischevious??? :)

Amen to the getting checkups. The love of my life has MS and I dont know what I would do without him. It took me nearly 38 years to find him, and I want at least 38 years WITH him!!! So please make sure YOU and your peeps get those check ups!!! Trust me, an ounce of prevention, taking that personal day to do your doctor visits, is SO worth it. I promise!!!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good advice usually comes with some sort of experience of pain.
This is one of those posts where I leave feeling better than when I came.
Thank you.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I gave him Van Halen concert tickets last year for his 39th birthday...

Thank you guys for such sweet responses. I just knew I was surrounded by greatness!

7:45 AM  
Blogger just a kat said...

I would totally have LOVED to have seen VH. What a lucky man!!
(He's such a cutie!! But then again, I tell P that about Ty too..so I guess I just like you all's choice in hubs!! it's a good thing!!!)

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home