Friday, September 05, 2008

Waiting & Watching...


As most of you know, I am in Savannah, Georgia. Tropical storm Hanna is heading for S.C. & N.C. but I'll tell you that there are so many people here that think it's heading straight for us. Seriously they are out shopping like there is no tomorrow and acting like it's the end of the world. Guess what, it's a storm. Yes they suck and power will probably be out for a little while (only because Georgia Power hasn't figured out how to keep the power lines up and running even in the slightest wind). I'm not worried about it, I haven't even given it much thought actually.
We actually have guests coming up from Florida this weekend. They will be here tomorrow morning. I was hoping for a peaceful non-eventful weekend but alas it is not to be. I am actually booked for the rest of the weekends in September.
Hope you all have a great wonderful awesome uneventful weekend!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

They were giving New York instructions about what to do during a hurricane. Although I do take weather seriously, it's a storm with winds that "MAY" gust up to 55 mph.

Lights out probably.

It's news, right? ;)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Hey ~Deb! I get worried when my faithful weatherman tells me to worry, then to evacuate! THEN and only then will I worry. Tonight I will park in the garage and batten down the hatches. I guess we are so used to it that eventually we become complacent...

10:16 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

I'm glad ya'll are inland a ways. Stay safe and have fun with your visitors!

MWAH

11:54 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Tysgirl!

MWAH back atcha!

11:59 AM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Yeah I think its after the Katrina thing ppl freak out more. I remember being in the evacuation line from Rita. THat was interesting and scarey at the same time.

Hope it gets better!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your attitude...
you could always play cards by candlelight. :)
Hope you have a great time!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home