Friday, September 12, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY!


I took yesterday off just because.
Now I am here with very little work to do so I decided that blogging was far more important than these deeds that need to get to the courthouse... Yes, I am being bad, but it's A.O.K. The Hubby's birthday was very uneventful, well, that's what he gets for not making a big deal of mine last year. He went to the Dr. and has a hernia between his breast bone and his tummy button. Yes, the full length of his stomach. So he has an appointment on Monday. Wish him luck. Now let me tell ya, my hubby has the best looking abs in the world. I love it! I hope they don't scar it, it is such perfection (minus the hernia of course). He works out 6 days a week, it was bound to happen.
Anyway on a different note... My dumb dog ran away last Friday and we just got her back Wednesday. I didn't want to say anything until now because I just wanted her to be home and safe before I say anything. She is such a dork! Hopefully one day she'll figure out that being the happy wanderer is not all it's cracked up to be.
We went to the kid's parent/teacher conferences yesterday.....
We met with Babygirl's teachers first and they gave rave reviews!!! They all said they would love to have her laugh and cut up a little more. They all said she is way too serious, LOL!!! Then it was the time I dread.....every......year..... We went to meet with Littleman's teachers. The first teacher we talked to happens to be his history teacher AND his football coach. He is getting a B+ in that class. WOW! This is great. Then we talked to his math teacher who happens to be in LOVE with him and was singing his praises. I mean she was gushing about how much fun he is to have in class and how he always has his homework done....blah, blah, blah... WOW that's a switch! Then his English teacher came in, more of the same happy goodness, followed by his science teacher with more of the same!!!
OMG! Have aliens invaded my home and what have they done with my kids!???
I am so very proud of both of them, they are working really hard this year.
Oh and a side note, Littlman's team won on Wednesday 44-36 in double overtime! YAY!!!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

When we first adopted Sammy she would dig under the fence and run. I guess it was about a year before she gave up and realized how good she had it.

What a treat to hear that Littleman is doing well in school. Congrats to both the kids!

And good luck to C, it would be a crying shame to scar such a handsome dude!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great when teachers say such wonderful things...something to be very proud of.

glad your doggie is back.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Gareth said...

Nice to read that you actually do take time off work, you always seem to be in the office.

3:51 PM  
Blogger just a kat said...

Way to go kids!!! Glad you took a day off. Sorry about hub's hernia. Keep us posted and congrats on LM's win!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks everyone, you all rock!

Oh and Gareth, I would like to see you take some time off too...

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home