Wednesday, September 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

She is the original redheaded gangsta!

Let me tell you something about my mom. She is 5'0", red hair and freckles. She is the toughest & strongest mother on earth. She has a green thumb and can reel off any names of any plants anywhere at any time. I am not talking their common names either. She had aspirations to be a dressmaker when she was a young girl but changed her mind and decided to do hair for a living. She is still doing hair and has been retired for about 4 years. My parents have been married for 47 years (to each other). She is feisty and funny but still extremely sensitive. She believes all kids deserve to be loved unconditionally no matter what. I admire her for that. She has always been very good to my brothers, myself and our families. She has never raised a hand to me in anger.
I only wish I could be more like her.

Happy Birthday Mom-ster! You ROCK!!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Happy Birthday Big Mama's Mom!!!

12:46 PM  
Blogger just a kat said...

Throwing back some love (without gang signs) to the Momster of Big Mama!!! Happy Birthday and MANY MANY MORE!!!!

Big Mama, you are so lucky to have her around....give her a biggo hug & kiss from me, k????

Kat

1:28 PM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Aww...how sweet. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Big Mama's Mom!!!!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Q I'll try to get pics of us together this weekend...

Kat-I plan on seeing the Mom-ster this weekend and I will give her extra love just for you.

Thanks ~just me~ how have you been lately?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Emotional Mullet said...

Wow. I am so sorry I am late wishing your Mom a wonderful birthday.

Mom's are cool. 70, 65, 45, 35...Mom's are so amazing.

My Mom is amazing too. She will be 65 on December 31st.

Every New Year, I give thanks that I get to spend another year with such an amazingly strong and funny woman.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home