Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Well...

My office is moving on Thursday and Friday... We are not stopping working despite the fact that our phones and computers will be down. HOW STUPID is that?!?! Welcome to my world everyone.
Forethought is not there forte...
Everyone knows that I work for a Real Estate attorney, please tell me why the news is spouting off about no one buying or selling houses? We are working steady and have been for quite a while. The market was really slow last November. Right now there are a lot of people selling and refinancing.
There are a LOT of bad loans out there, I couldn't agree more. You could see them a mile away. We would think to ourselves,"How on earth did they qualify? They shouldn't be buying this house, it is going to go in to foreclosure in no time."
Alas it was not up to us.
We are just here to oversee the transaction, not to make sure people aren't lying on their applications. Oh well, I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better. I don't see why they don't freeze adjustable rate loans and readjust them all back to their original stipulations. Refrain from raising their ARMs ever again and it would be a miracle to see people able to save their houses, avoid foreclosures and the pockets of the executives will remain unlined... That's just me. It sure would help a lot of people who are struggling without bailing them all out.
What about me?
No one is there to bail me out. I have no debt, no credit cards, no car payments, nothing! I paid all my bills. I stayed out of debt. I work every day. I have a huge mortgage payment that I can definitely afford. I have insurance on my cars, on my house, on all of us as well as life insurance. We are not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we have worked very hard for what we have. I understand helping my fellow man. But I don't understand where I, who have done all the right things has to bail out everyone who hasn't. Is that just me being selfish in that train of thought? Let me just say, don't bother hating me, I'm not worth your time and effort. I help out the local battered woman's shelter, the local mission and the local homeless shelter. I am not above anyone nor is anyone above me. Like I said I understand helping my fellow man.
I just want to know why I was never cut a break when I was struggling?

*Rant over*

4 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

It's really too bad that our society is set up to continuously help the chronically needy people who refuse to help themselves. Yet when a hard working citizen falls on hard times they don't qualify for any sort of help because they make too much money.

And shame on the scum that so freely handed out sub prime mortgages like candy.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Amen!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double AMEN!!!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my thoughts EXACTLY!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home