Sunday, June 08, 2008

TODAY IS BITTERSWEET...

Today is the day I get to celebrate the life of someone who meant so much to me. He was a very important part of my world. My life has been made richer and I have been made more compassionate because of him.

Today my sweet nephew would have turned 21.

His life was a gift to all of us who got to know and love him. Everyone that knew him took an instant liking to him. He was quiet and sweet, smart and funny. He had more natural charisma than anyone I have ever known before or since. I only hope my children turn out to be 1/2 as wonderful as he was.

Luis-Fer your life on this earth was cut way too short. I am just glad that you let me in to your life and that I was able to love you and share in your ups and downs. In my eyes you could never do any wrongs. My love for you has always been unconditional. I miss you but I know you will meet me at the gates of Heaven one day with that wonderful smile and big warm hug. I miss you "my boy" and I will continue to miss you until I see you again.

(this is my nephew and his son around the same age)

Please everyone hug your spouse a little tighter, go ahead and read your child just one more book, for me. Slow down and take the time to listen. We always planned to get our children together and to hang. It's too late now and I will never again get to tell my nephew how much I love him and how proud I have always been of him. Slow down, there is nothing more important than to stop, listen and love.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Today is my little brother's birthday too. :) He's 32.

1:57 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

(((HUGS)))

That's all I know to do or say.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

It's a good day for a birthday.

Thanks, you're a good hugger...

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home