Monday, June 02, 2008

It's Monday...


Yep, Big Mama Day was good. I got the fam to the airport and they flew to Panama without a hitch. I got a call at 12:30am letting me know that there were there and safe. Thank God! I still couldn't sleep because....
1) there was a storm blowing through and it was loud...
2) like a dumb-ass I went through my son's phone and saw/read things I didn't need to know....
3) I hate sleeping alone....
My pops is here and I am really enjoying his company. He is so sweet and hasn't changed at all since I was a kid. He still micro-manages his entire being and hates himself for it. We did a little grocery shopping and ate out at the Longhorn's Steakhouse, yum. I had a gift card that made it even better! I am still at a loss as to what to do for fun in the evenings while he's here. Any suggestions would be welcome.
We will probably go to the mall at some point because my mom wants some pralines. Can't send him home without those!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tyguy said...

Glad everyone got to Panama safely.

My knowlege of the Savannah area is limited but P and I really enjoyed walking around Fort Pulaski. If Pops has any military background or is simply into history I would highly recommend. If you go please watch out for gators around the moat!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

I'm glad the family is safe and you're enjoying your time with your father.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks you two! Pops has a real hard time walking so I'm not sure if he would be up for it (your thoughts as I have never been to the fort). We are going to do SOMETHING, just not sure what yet... Of course there will be pictures!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Tyguy said...

There's a visitor's center/museum at the parking lot. You would then have to walk a little bit along a flat sidewalk. It's all self-paced, and you are shaded once you reach the fort. You might check Google Earth ~ you can get an idea based on the size of the cars in the parking lot. Just an idea. The fact is I'm sure Pops is happy just being with you. :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Ty! I know he would enjoy that. And there are no alligators in the museum part....*heehee*

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home