Friday, February 20, 2009

TEENAGERS..... (a followup)....


Someone once told me that you are only as happy as your saddest child. I believe that with my whole heart. Last week Babygirl was gliding through life happy as can be. She had a little friend who (up until now) I like very much. She is at our house at least once a week if not more. She comes from a good home. Her parents are really sweet. She makes good grades and has lots of friends. Up until Sunday this girl was my daughter's BEST BFF ever. She left Saturday and everything was just fine. All of a sudden she got a hair across her ass and started being really hateful to my daughter. I asked Babygirl what was going on. Now, BG has lots of friends, boys, girls and different ages of each. She hates drama and is a total straight shooter. She always tells everyone exactly how she feels, no holds barred. She has this one guy friend that lives down the street (who is also friends with my son). She tells this boy to his face that he is weird and they laugh about it, big deal right? Well, this friend and she were going to play with the boys and the friend decided that she doesn't like this boy. BG stated,"that's O.K. he's weird anyway...." not another thought to the whole thing. Well, that was until this little girl brought it up and said,"If you said that about him, what do you say about me behind my back? You're two faced and I never want to play with you again...." My daughter was stunned and hurt. This is her best BFF ever. She would never say anything behind her back that she would never say to her face. Now when BG tries to text her or call her, nothing. My daughter has every class with her and she hurts every time she sees her. I told her that if she is really a real true friend she will miss you come back to you eventually. I told her the best "revenge" is to be happy and act like it doesn't bother her. In the meantime I want her to branch out and invite other friends to the house and start making new BFFs. I have a feeling that another little girl who is friends with them both has started the whole thing. Nothing a mother can do to relieve the pain. Growing pains suck!
Ahhhh, teen drama. The rotten middle school days. I remember them not so fondly.
If anyone has some words of wisdom, please clue me in. I am sad and lost for my baby.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Queen-Size funny bone said...

Im surprised we survive it all.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Really! That's the truth. Just brings up all sorts of bad middle school memories. I wish I could help her, but I know that she has to do all this herself. She will be O.K. I know it, but I hate to see her so sad.

1:55 PM  
Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said...

It's a very hard thing to go through, watching your own child in pain. That saying 'you're only as happy as your saddest child' is so true. You told her what I would have told my own. We'd all like to spare our kid of the pains of growing up and stuff. She will get through this its just a speed bump of life.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Those are hard years. Seems to be I remember being put up against lockers quite frequently. Best not ask me for advice.

Hope it all works out.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Miranda, I do need to hear that from another mother, who's been there, done that...

Welcome Window Woman, I am sure it will, it HAS to. Middle school really sucked, I agree. Thank you.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home