Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Son Sux...

Sometimes I hate being a parent.
I know that is an honest statement and as a good parent I should never ever utter those words... He is turning out to be a lot harder to raise than I ever imagined possible. He is being obstinate, unruly and generally unpleasant to be around. I know, I know he is just being a teenager. He mouthed off to his teacher (in a class he's failing) in front of my husband this morning. He is so very lucky they were in public because my husband was ready to beat his ass right there! Looks like he may be repeating the 7th grade *heavy sigh* so that would me he repeats the 6 & the 7th! 5 years in middle school because he is a lazy S.O.B.!
He is taller than me and now sports a mustache, yeah that will go over well (if) when he graduates @20!
I am looking in to military schools for him, looks like that might just be what he needs...
UGH!POO! SIGH!!!
For all you parents out there, I have taken extra steps with my kids to teach them that they mean the world to me but they mean nothing to the world... Their shit does in fact stink and no one owes them a thing. If they want anything they are going to have to work really hard for it like we did. So please don't think the kids are spoiled. They are "almost" always respectful of their elders and peers (I say almost because of this morning's incident). They are usually fun to be around, but I am starting to think I need to change strategy with him. He is turning in to someone I really don't care for.
HELP!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Please give yourself a little break, I have only been a parent for 7 1/2 months and can honestly say there are moments where I hate being a parent, yesterday for example. I think a bad parent is one that can't admit that sometimes they stink at parenting. I wish I could offer you a solution to your sons problem but if he isn't embarrassed into applying himself by failing the 6th and the 7th grade I don't know what will help. You are a great Mom though and I hope that you find an answer before you have to kill him.

11:49 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I know you guys have already ruled out any learning disorders and the sheer embarrassment of being held back twice isn't enough to straighten him out?!? UGH! That just sucks.

There are just some kids who need that extra time to realize the consequences of their actions. Maybe a military school (away from his friends, distractions) would be best if it looks like he's not going to do what he needs to do under his own cvolition.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

awwww.... hang in there big mamma! If it makes you feel any better, your son and mine could be twins. Just remember it's a phase he's going through and one day you'll be able remind him of every little deviant thing he did at this age when he comes to you and complains of his own son. :)

Until then, just keep up the good work. Underneath all that rebellion and acting out, he's still a really good kid.

3:51 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

NO! Don't kill him, I'll take him :)

Boy, that sucks. One sure would think he would be motivated by being 2 years behind kids his own age. But then maybe he likes the younger kids because they look up to him and his class clown antics. It's a lot easier to impress younger kids than kids your own age.

I feel for ya, chica. I put my mom thru the same shit and we survived. Hang in there.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Melly` said...

I dont know how I missed this post. You're a fantastic mother. Being a parent is damned hard work and sometimes the kids choices are so... difficult for us to understand.
He has some wonderful qualities. He is capeable of being a shit like most of us. Just know you are not alone. I never would of dreamed any of my offspring would steal... and that was a horrible humiliating experience.
I am not a hugger... but I wish I could give you a quick one.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home