Friday, January 04, 2008

FIRST POST.....
Well.... It's 2008 and this is my first post.
I don't feel very New Years"ie". This year I decided that there is very little that I want to change about myself. I know that sounds conceited and maybe a little odd.... But I have worked for over 40 years to get me this way. I kinda like the way that I have turned out. I'm not saying there is no room for improvement. There totally is, but this year I am going to accept myself and love me for me. I know that I have a good heart that is way too big sometimes. I have always lived by the "Golden Rule" Do unto others as you would have done unto you. To me that means to speak to others as you would want them to speak to you. Treat others with respect. I don't have to like everyone but I feel the undying need to be at peace with myself.....so I treat them with respect even if I get none in return. I need nothing from anyone one else, I have to live with myself and my conscience. I am a very tolerant person and some people think I am very much like a doormat. I beg to differ. I don't do anything that I don't want to do. I choose to give and love and just be myself. If people like me great! if they don't, oh well, they have lost out. I try to stand up for the people that can't stand up for themselves. So I guess what this all boils down to is..... I like me and I want to keep me just the way I am...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

I like you just the way you are too, so I'm GLAD to hear there will be no changes being made :-)

Quite frankly.... YOU ROCK!!!

1:23 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

I hear that's the beauty of turning 40, you get closer to liking yourself for who you are.

If that's true, I have 3 years to get my shit together :)

I am also glad there won't be any changes made, I like my big mama just the way she is :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I like you just the way you are too!

I didn't do any New years resolutions either.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I like you just the way you are!!!....feels a song comeing on.....dont go changing to try to please me....lol.

That song is so true.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home