Friday, July 28, 2006

I AM NOT THAT WRAPPED UP.....
I am not so wrapped up in my day to day that I TRY to ignore my blog, really....
I hate working the end of the month in real estate in a law office. I am the "post closing" person. That means that I take care of ALL the details after we close a loan. I know a lot of people out there have bought a house. You go to the attorney's office and sit down talk a little and sign your life away. Well when it's all said and done. The big bad attorney walks over to my desk and plunks a big fat disorganized file full of papers and checks on my desk and expects me (and only me) to make sense of the mess in there. What a BORING job. I am good at shuffling papers and for the most part I stay on top of it. But of course the end of the month rolls around and we get slammed with closings. I make sure all the payoffs go to the right banks, I make sure all the money balances, I make sure that everyone that is getting a check gets it and finally I make sure the courthouse gets all the deeds to the properties so these people officially own their property. Not a lot of fun, not a lot of money, but for the most part it is a happy transaction. Someone is happy to be buying a house and someone is happy to be moving on.
Sooooo.....
Don't think I am ignoring this blog on purpose, I am busy (taking work home with me) and busy at home with company too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home