Monday, July 24, 2006

Well, I WAS looking forward to it.....
My mother in law came to town and I love her a LOT LOT LOT..... My husband went to pick her up and bring her to our house. I was so excited.... Uninvited and unbeknownst to me. My brother's spawn came with. Ugh! So her visit for the next week is tempered with my niece. With the culmination of my brother, wife and other spawn coming to get them on Saturday and probably staying overnight. Just so happens that she asked me if she could stay with us for a week and I told her no, in no uncertain terms.... Looks like I have a lot of say as to what goes on in my house, huh?!?!
I love having my mother in law come, she is loving and caring, she is a great cook, she devotes all of her time to my children. How could you not love this woman. I took her shopping yesterday and enjoyed being alone with her. I know I am grumpy and should just be happy that she's here and I would be if I liked my niece. She lurks around the house like Lurch from the Adams Family. Everytime I call my daughter she comes running like I called her?!?! She waves to me all the time, WTF is that???? You are 13 years old and I don't feel the need to wave to you every time you wave to me. No need to get upset about it, just grow up and go away already!
She is strange and I don't like the way my kids act around her. It's as simple as that! Next week is the last week before my kids start school. I just wanted some time for myself, my kids, my hubby and the mom in law is that so much to ask. Now I am not going to take my vacation time, why should I? I would have to spend the entire time reprimanding the 3 stooges. That's right, when she is there it is utter chaos. Maybe next summer I'll get a little vacation. You don't have to join in my pity party, I am just grumpy this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Don't you just hate when you get let down, after looking so forward to something. I hope your day gets better.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Miranda! It is all uphill from here. I am actually glad to be back to work. (How sad is that?!?)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

You are soooooo lucky you get along well with your mother-in-law. I'm envious!

As for the spawn of satan, I have a few of those myself. Thank God I'm the scurge of my husbands family and nobody wants to come to my house. :D

3:07 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

What a bummer!!! Each school hollidays I take a few of my cousnin's country dwelling kids off of her and then take my brood and her kids out to places here in the big smoke. They are all so well behaved, I think it is because they have someone else to play with and talk to. The minute I take them back home to their country property...my kids become gremlins again!!!
I would just ask her, What's up with the waving? What does it mean? It sounds like she realy likes you (pouts lips), yet I get where you are coming from...yes...work is your refuge!!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Mother-in-laws are great....but sometimes they can just press the right buttons, yanno? *grumble grumble*

Anyway... *WAVES ATCHYA* haha!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Sherri- I would come to your house without hesitation!!! And yes it is great to love my mom in law.

Cazzie!!!- Yeah, I think she really does like me, I only wished I felt the same way...

deb~ LOL!!!!! *waving back*

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home