Thursday, July 20, 2006

POSITIVE OUTLOOK....
That's right I am going to have a positive outlook today. Yesterday was about as bad as I have seen this place. My co-workers monster-in-law passed away yesterday morning (to top it all off). She could not stand the woman but her heart was breaking for her husband. She went to be by his side for most of the morning. She actually came back to work because we are ultra busy. (she deserves a raise) I felt bad because there was nothing in my power that I could do to make her feel any better. She wept silently for the whole afternoon. Poor thing. The workload has been tremendous and with the end of the month coming up I don't see an end in sight.
On a WAY better note do you all remember my friend CP? Well yeah of course you do, she has been in my blog all week! She is doing a Blogathon for charity. I think everyone should at least give it a looksee...

She is raising money for the Pediatric AIDS Foundation and she has a personal goal. Just remember every little penny counts. I am planning on granting moral support, 24 hours is a VERY long time!

O.K. enough with the fundraising. This weekend I promise to update my life and my world and I promise to stay out of everyone else's business *grin*....maybe....

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Sorry for your co-worker. No matter how much you dislike someone, you still feel bad for the parties involved that loved that person.

CP is doing such a great thing for a really important cause. I'm proud of my little chicky!!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks, I love my co-worker, we get together sometimes socially. Her husband is a very nice man. I met his mother and she was a wack-job. But as you said I feel for him and his brothers.
I am so proud of our little CP! She has such a good soul.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Thats it, we at times attend funerals and people's houses after someone has passed on to give support to those left behind...and that is what community should be all about. When I nurse a patient I am fully aware that I am not just looking after one person, it encompases their family and at times, their best friends too. They are the ones who are worried, and they are the ones who are also important in lifting my patient's spirits...all important to heal :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Cazzie!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kav said...

BM: CP is one of those people - I don't even know her, but she's really infectious (in a good way!). I happily sponsored her even though I've only been reading her blog for about two weeks.

BTW, thanks for stopping by at my blog. ;-) No sign of baby yet, but pics are probably imminent...

PS Sorry to hear about your colleague. Surprised she wasn't sent home - she could hardly have been fit to work properly?

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home