Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I AM SO SELF CENTERED....
I have really been thinking about this thought a lot lately. My best GF who seems to have changed for the worse and is soon NOT going to be my best GF is still here, and hovering with her negativity. I sometimes think about my life and my friends and where I am in life. I guess a lot of us do. I have had a good life so far. I actually like my hubby and kids and I like to be around them. To some people that sounds like something foreign. I have never "been on the outs" with my parents. I don't have time for petty bullshit in my life. I never have. I have learned that there are a lot of really good people out there. I see it every day. I find blog after blog of people that seem fairly "normal" by my standards. I try to see people for their heart and soul, not what their "front" is. As I have said many times, MANY MANY times... I don't care about where you came from, what religion you have, if you have money, if you are GLBT, if you have a disability, what color you are, what your political views are. I really REALLY don't care! What I care about is how you treat me and others. If you are a good person with a good heart and soul, it shows. I frequent many blogs in a day and I enjoy them all for very different reasons. The main reason is that they are not me and they have a unique story to tell. Everyone is so different and lots of times refreshing. I see people that have had horrible childhoods and survived to shout it out to everyone that they are a survivor and the abuse stopped with them. There is one teen boy that I visit that is from an inner-city, he has the odds stacked against him. This sweet kid has his head screwed on straight and will rise above all the people trying to beat him down. I read people who are 1/2 way across the world. I feel like I am traveling when I am sitting here at my computer. I hope you all know, even when I am not commenting, I am still enjoying what you have to say. I am a notorious Blurker*. I am going to list some people that I visit or try to visit daily. They may not update daily but I still check them out anyway.... (no not in any particular order)
Oh and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I love what these people have to say, they are interesting and witty. Sometimes sad, sometimes not having a point at all. Makes for a variety of good reading. I would add more but I am getting tired and I am ready to hit the sheets... Stop by some of these people, they are great and unique....and totally worth a visit.
*Blurking- the act of lurking on people's blogs; Blurker-the person that lurks on others blogs...

20 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

You know what..we are half a world apart yet we have the exact views on life...as a nurse I "always treat people the way I would want to be treated if I was them..if it was my mum, dad, sister, best friend, an Uncle of my best friend's best friend..whatever!!" I always have been like this and always will be. True, I hate people who put up fronts and just plain BS every sentence they say..no time for them.
I do read your blog as often as I update mine...it is a nice break from my own blog and nice to see what happens "out there".
Sure I could blog about so many things...alot of things that I see at work and so on but I cannot do that..it is a confidentiality thing.
What I can say is that I don't only care for the patient at hand..yet also for their families..and families have their very own seperate issues to deal with..and I have to be the patient's advocate as their nurse..this poses many difficulties..but you soon learn after some time out there that there are WAYS to say things at the right time to get a message across..with out BS :)

5:47 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Cazzie!!! I just love the way you think.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, loved your writing too.
I'm an honorary blurker checking out some of the names you put down.
Ewww, blurker almost sounds perverted. Wonder if I should add that on my tag.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

LOL! Kat, LOL!!! I am THE "Notorious Blurker Extraordinaire". You may add that as well, I take great pride in that name, LOL!

10:46 AM  
Blogger CP said...

What an awesome post, big mama! I too am sick and tired of the negativity I see in others who traipse through my "real" life. Everyone in my office hates their husband/boyfriend, bitches about their kids, hates their lives...etc. I genuinely LOVE my husband, love being around him, I think my kids are awesome and I love being around them too. Hell, I even like my ex husband and my mother, despite the fact that she's a completely toxic bitch.

I lived too many years angry and disillusioned by others to bother with the charade any longer. I DO prefer my online friends, because I feel they are REAL. They tell it like it is. Shoot from the hip and etiquette be damned.

Awesome that I am included in your daily reads. Seriously. I am flattered beyond all get out.

Come over and have coffee with me one day! *L*

CP.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I am SO THERE! I agree with everything you say, especially the "Shoot from the hip and etiquette be damned." I am comfortable in my own skin. I try to surround myself with people who are as well. You obviously are.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I read your blog daily too! :D

Even if I don't comment, I've at least blurked. LOL

10:49 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You have a great point! Everybody's life is so unique---and I read blogs more than I read books because it's 'real people' who have a story to tell. Not to say that people who publish books don't---it's just the stories you don't get to read in Barnes and Nobles, you know? They're raw.

I love reading your posts as well as getting to know you--OR---'trying' to get to know you. Big difference. No one can fully grasp what the other blogger is about unless you know them in person. Even then, it's hard to tell.

Great post! Thank you for putting me on your list of people to read. That was kind of you!

Enjoy your weekend!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

That was so nice of you. I agree, I really only care how someone's heart is and how they treat others. That is what matters most.
Thank you for the kind words.
~xo

10:07 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Sherri- you know you are my daily dose of normal...

~deb- You know my list of peeps wouldn't be complete without you!

Lee Ann- I have always been told to follow my heart, it's worked great so far.

I am so glad I ran across all of you, y'all make my world a better place.

6:43 AM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! VERY much appreciated.

Good post, too.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Jenny Wynter said...

Wow - lovely post. I love how generous the members of the blogosphere can be, with their thoughts and their links.

Great stuff!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

I followed you from the comment path. Nice post, so true. I was touched by the part that NWJR quoted on their blog. Im gonna bookmark you for later.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Gareth said...

All this anti-negativity and you still visit my blog.

I will admit now it always makes me smile when I saw yuor traks on my visitir hitlist.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

NWJR- you ARE my daily snark! Thanks for the link... You rule!

Thanks for stopping in Comic Mummy and Miranda. I'l be sure to put you on my daily rounds...

Gareth, my friend from across the water. You are one of my favorites, but then again I think you already knew that...

12:08 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I am your friend forever!!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Mel- same to you... You can't get rid of me that easy, LOL!

Shannon- I know that you and I would have a little TOO much fun! I am so glad I found you too. You definately make this blogsphere a better brighter place, without a doubt.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Dear Mama,

I always appreciate it when you come by and spread the love that you do. It means a lot to me that ANYONE comes by my page and finds something of worth in my writing. I am also a HUGE fan of what it is you have to say as well. I may not comment often, but do know...Kissyfur is lurking! xoxo

10:37 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

p.s. thanks SO much for the little shoutout on here...I'm going to be doing one on my page very soon
xoxoxoxo

10:42 AM  
Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

Hey hey!

The link and kind words are appreciated! I haven't had much of a chance to blurk lately but I do try to drop by when and where I can.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home