Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHERS DAY...
No, I didn't say Happy Farters Day! I love the father of my children, he is a wonderful man, my husband and soul mate. I must be telling the truth because he doesn't even know that I have a blog *heehee*... My father is one of my favorite people ever. He "gets it" on the same level that I do. We share the same odd sense of humor. He is very well read and very intelligent. We can converse about everything. I really admire him. I hope that he lives for a very VERY long time. He is going to be 69 this year (woohoo Pops!!!) and his health could be better.
When I was growing up he was my main caregiver. My mom is a wonderful woman who has always worked very hard. But I had two brothers before me. She was a busy lady. Her gall bladder exploded when I was a newborn and Pop was forced to take care of me. We have had a tight bond ever since. He showed me the finer points of driving a standard, he drove me to school on the days that I missed the bus. I worked where he did for years. He has always been my pal. Someone that I can confide in. Mom hates the fact that we have TONS of inside jokes. She thinks we are laughing at her. We're not (most of the time). We even have a Christmas shopping day, just he and I to get my mother something for the holidays. We both love word games and useless trivia. I always wanted to marry someone like my Pops because I admire him so much. I married the Hubs although he won't ever measure up to Pops, my Pops loves him and approves of him whole heartedly. I guess I couldn't have asked for better than that. In fact he refers to the Hubs as his "long lost son". I love my Pops and I feel like a very lucky/blessed person because he is still here. My parents are still married to each other & very much in love. They don't have affairs or children with other people. I hope everyone that reads this takes a minute to think about the man that made it possible for you to exist. And if you are lucky like me you two have a wonderful relationship. If you didn't, I hope you think about burying the axe that the both of you grind and forgive each other for any hurt that you have caused each other.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, you only get this go around once, make it count.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I feel the same way about taking a moment and saying thanks!
Take Care
Kat

8:03 PM  
Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

My sentiments exactly !! We tend to go through life so fast, always in a rush to see what's next that we fail to appreciate what's right there at the moment..

Hope you all had a very nice, relaxing Father's Day !

7:13 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

awwww....happy father's day!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I have the same connection with my dad..only he remarried and left this side of the country with his new wife and we havent heard from him since...he knows I have son numero uno..but he doesn't have a clue he has 3 other grandchildren now. We havent ever changed our phone number despite moving a few times..just in case he calls. There was no animosity or anything, they just wanted a life long honeymoon together.
I miss him, I miss our in-jokes and our intelligent converstaion. Perhaps he has seen that the merry go round of life was going too fast and he wanted to catch this ride with his new wife..with love he had not had in a long time. I hope he is happy anyhow.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home