Thursday, June 08, 2006

O.K. HERE'S THE DEAL....
My little house that I am selling is a sweet little place, many people compliment how well we took care of it and it's location. BUT it has been on the market now for two months. I wasn't getting worried because of the traffic this house has seen. We got an offer the other day from some idiot (I know him from working in the biz so I can say that without a problem). He wanted us to knock $3,000.00 off the price, ok I can see that... $3,500.00 toward closing, then he wanted us to replace a perfectly good door, um no. Then he wanted us to replace the bathroom ceilings, um FUCK no. Then they wanted us to give them a $2,500.00 paint allowance, WTF!!! NO!!! What idiots! Can you believe the nerve of them?!?! First of all, we built the house 8 years ago. All the paint in the house is less than 6 months old. They didn't like the color of the paint. Well, when you buy a house you make it your own, you paint it, don't expect the sellers to paint it. Dumbass! The ceilings in the bathrooms have that popcorn ceiling. I don't like it either but I lived there 8 years with it and it was just fine, ugly but just fine.
Got another offer yesterday for the full price. They want us to clean the garage and leave 1/2 gallons of every color paint used in the house (which is already there). And put $3,000.00 toward closing. Ummm YEAH! Looks like we got ourselves a winner! So today we are ironing out the details and should have the house sold before the month is up...
Looks like everyone who crossed their fingers and toes can uncross them now, we are doing well because of all your thoughts and Karma that came this way...
Thanks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Jesus Christ a $2,500.00 pain allowance !!
What did they want pain with real gold dust in it!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Coolies, glad the hoping and positive vibes helped you out! Senbd some back to me ok..we are looking to move closer to our kids' school soon. :)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Pixie- LOL! That's what I thought.

Cazzie!!!- I am sending those good vibes over your way, we just got the contract for the sale of our home! We will have it sold by the 30th of June! YAY!!! Now it's your turn.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Good deal!

I have to say, I always thought when you buy a house you buy it as is. What you don't like is up to you to change. Good grief.

When you buy a car from someone you don't ask them to repaint it because you don't like the color.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Sherri my analogy exactly!

8:43 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

wow...thats why I will rent til I die...too much work to sell!

fill the cans with black paint...

11:24 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh, that's SO wrong, I like it!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home