Thursday, January 26, 2006

DEJA VU....ALL OVER AGAIN....
Now I think we have all established that I am nice to a fault. OK with this in mind I might just as well call myself a doormat!!! My friend who stayed with a few people in tow was scheduled to leave town yesterday while I was at work. Well I was all set to have a nice extra quiet evening, do some laundry (because one of the 14 year olds WET THE BED!!!), eat early, cut my son's hair and hit the sheets. Well, I get a phone call from said guest saying that since it was getting too late for their 4 hour trip, would I mind if they crashed again. HELL YEAH, I TOTALLY MIND!!! So of course I told her we didn't mind. I also told her to eat before she got there because we were just having a little leftovers. So she said after they eat she was going to head back to the house. I scrubbed my (peed on) mattress, covered it in plastic and remade all the beds I had just stripped shortly before they called. I was curled up reading a book when they got there. AT 9:30!!! OMG! I was feeling like I was being totally taken advantage of. As much as I love this girl and her husband. I don't think I will be opening myself up to this again!!!
You know, when I stay at other people's houses I go to almost extreme measures to not put people out. I make sure I clean everything that I use including sheets. I make sure (if my kids are with me) the kids are extra good and quiet. They usually are (good and quiet), but I threaten their little lives if they even think of messing up. Not to mention I offer to buy food and cook. And ya know what?!?! I always get offers to come back and spend more time. Amazing how that stuff works. I only do what I want people to do for me.
UNGRATEFUL GUESTS!!!
Oh and P.S. Mel when you decide to c'mon, I'll make spaghetti and all the fixins for ya!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh!!! and to top it off I just got a phone call from my dear friend (the mother of the "guest" and the 14 year old). Well, looks like one of the 14 year olds stole one of my daughter's movies when she was here. Lets just put the cherry on the cake. She was so embarrassed. No need to be, the kid just won't stay at my house again...

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home