Saturday, January 14, 2006

I AM REALLY TRYING TO LET THIS GO, BUT I CAN'T!
Yep I have been sitting here 1/2 the night trying to see what I am doing wrong with my HTML, but to no avail. I am a total moron. I'm coming to terms with it.
ANYWAY...
I just want to say how I spend way too much time on this damn computer looking at people's blogs and commenting when I see fit. (Yeah like my opinion matters so much that it keeps people hanging on my every word, NOT) I check my comments regularly even at work. I see what is going on at my favorite blogs right after I check my own. I have no idea what started me doing this. Maybe it is a way to vent and feel like I have something that is all MINE. No one else knows (except my blogger-friends) that I even have a blog, let alone two of them. I try to limit my time on here because my family needs me to spend time with them.
At least I like to think they do.
I took the kids to see Hoodwinked last night. It was quite the refreshing spin on the old Little Red Riding Hood. I really enjoyed it.
When the movie was over we went to the Waffle House.
That is always an adventure in "white trash drama". The manager was in a VERY talkative mood and would NOT SHUT UP AND LEAVE US ALONE!!! He was a "big fat headed, pasty faced, non-educated, over-talkative, loser, moron" and made me realize that sometimes I am just NOT a people person. In fact I really don't like people all that much. I mean I like MY people, that is why I surround myself with MY people. MY people have brains, they are charming (sometimes in their own unique way) they add a spirit to my life. The normal average moron and/or idiot need not apply. I always have room for more of MY people. I give everyone a chance, no reason not too. But really it doesn't take too much time to realize who is who out there. I mean you don't have to be extremely educated and have money. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about people who love themselves enough to take care of themselves and those they love. I hate people who have kids and don't take the time to raise them right and teach them and spend time with them. I had kids cause I wanted to spend time with them and to raise them. I see a lot of people who are always telling their kids to either "shut up and go away" or "not now, I'm busy". I am never ever too busy for my kids.
Look at me ranting and raving over here. I must be really tired or just overly emotional. Either way, everyone knows exactly how I feel!

6 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Shannon, I loved staying home with my kids. It was the hardest job I ever had. But I would never have changed it. Even now I put them on the bus in the morning and am there to get them off the bus in the afternoon. When my boss was about to hire me I told him I could only work until 4:00 because I had to be there to receive them. He hired me knowing that the kids come first. I have been lucky!

12:59 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I agree...

That's why I never shoo Jinx away...

Sorry...that's all I've got to compare motherhood with....

12:59 PM  
Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

You seem like a very committed and loving mother !!

I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my children while they were growing up..at times people look down their nose at me because in their eyes, I wasn't "working or doing anything important"...but I wouldn't have had it any other way..I always tease about my kids, but there is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for them....

Now if I can just remember where they are.....

8:17 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Jinx keeps trying to get me to play hooky...

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

You are a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you.

10:33 PM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

I liked Hoodwinked, too. And Waffle House when I lived in Atlanta--scattered, smothered and covered, of course.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home