Sunday, January 08, 2006

THIS POST IS TWO FOLD...
First I have to say that we are currently looking for a new house. 1250 square feet is no longer big enough for us. We have 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a bonus room. But our neighborhood is just the pits!!! So I have been searching for a house in the next county over. I am looking for at least 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths, oh and well over 2000 square feet. Well, I found one and it is old, 2760 square feet, a definite fixer upper. The hubby HATES it! It is on a dead end street too! Oh well, I'll keep looking, wish me luck.
(that was the first part, now on to the second part)
In our town the schools really BLOW! so they have Magnet schools to attract kids and get them bussed all over the place... Both of my kids went (or go to) Magnet schools. My son went to a science/technology Magnet and my daughter goes to a fine/performing arts Magnet. Well, she is in music ensemble. So yesterday we had to go to the Magnet Expo at the local mall. We were almost VERY late. Got there just before they were due on stage. My daughter's stand-in was already in place.... They moved her aside and whew! On they went!
My daughter needs work on her stage presence (she is the one folding her arms...) but she is a good singer. She plays some extra large xylophone thingy (but as my daughter informs me it is NOT called a xylophone). She also plays the piano. She starts flute lessons in the spring. She is gonna be somebody some day.
Well, that's what she keeps telling me anyway...

4 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

Is it a glockenspiel,

good luck with the house hunting.
One day I'll be able to afford one, or being a Londoner with prices as they are I'll be able to afford a one bedroom flat somewhere probably on one of the remoter boroughs of the city.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thank you Gareth, I had NO idea, LOL!!! Great Mama, huh? LOL!!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger cher said...

i am in the EXACT house situation as you. Rob is gone for 6 weeks and I am trying desperately to "stage" my house, you know, clean up all the clutter and make it seem like someone elses dream home. and i am looking for a new place too. it's so stressful this time for some reason. way more stressful than buying this place. i don't know why. i guess because i feel really pressured because this baby's coming and the house isn't getting any bigger and i have to do it alone. anyway, just thought i'd share that i feel ya!

i was in choir, played the chimes, and the flute and the piano (and guitar) your girl has good taste!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

See, I AM in good company. I surround myself with creative, smart, good people!!!

We are working with the loan officer right now, waiting to see how much of a house we can afford. I am excited. We found one but it is a little expensive. Of course I will keep you posted...

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home