Thursday, December 29, 2005

BIG MAMA'S YEAR IN REVIEW.....
I have to admit this year was NOT my best year. Wasn't the very worst by any stretch of the imagination.
January: Nothing great, just cold weather and work.
February: Our 13th wedding anniversary.
March: Yet again nothing great but the weather warmed up a bit
April: Was brought to our attention that Little Man might not get promoted to the 6th grade (thanks for telling us NOW!!!)
May: School let out for the summer and they both passed, YAY!
June: Went to Panama and left the kids there.
July: Came back to the states and flew through hurricane Dennis, missed my 20th high school reunion and returned to work only to face the second biggest disaster known to man.
August: Contacted my old flame from high school and realized we are still friends.
September: Everyone's birthdays so it makes it very poor (financially) for us.
October-December: Are all written down in nauseating detail on my blog.
I feel awful for all the people who experienced loss this year. There was a LOT of it. Between hurricanes and floods, Tsunami's and wildfires. Looks like God is pissed and he is sick of everyone disrespecting their fellow man. I can only hope that people start to take the time out of their hurried lives and look around. People as a whole are not so bad. Sure there are those that make us all want to bitch-slap them (I suggest that you don't unless you absolutely HAVE to....). But the majority are just trying to get along, just like me. So next time you see an old person in the parking lot at Wal-Mart trying to unload their cart, think about offering them a hand. It could just be the only nice thing that happened to them all month. Not to mention it may just help restore their faith in humanity. I am not saying I am some sort of do-gooder (because I am so not). I just want everyone to think about how they like to be treated and maybe....just maybe people will start realizing that you don't have to be afraid of your neighbors and you CAN think outside the box once in a while.
Sorry I am laying all this heavy stuff on you, I just had to get it off my chest. I just want this new year to be a brand spanking New Year. (I said spanking *heehee*)

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Little things like helping people out---are the things that make life richer. Even a smile, or a simple compliment to someone can make someone's day---or week for that matter.

This was such a great post! I'm glad I stopped by! You send such a positive message.

Enjoy your New Year!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

yes, this is a great post, I agree with Deb! Here's to a wonderful new year!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, and I read 'spanking' too :)
Nice post and so so true with the humanity thing.

1:06 PM  
Blogger cher said...

lets not forget to give the pregnant ladies a hand here and there too! Especially when she's already struggling with a baby and has parcels on top of it

5:06 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

YAY! Cher, yet again I am gonna have to think further out of the box... I too have been in the "pregger-wild child-full cart of groceries-can't locate the key to my car-wishing someone would come help for just a moment..." mode myself!!! Please add that to the list everyone. LOL!!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I'm lovin' it!
Catching up on your life!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home