Tuesday, January 03, 2006

HAVE I EVER MENTIONED...
I work for a real estate attorney. The end of the month for us is really hectic but the end of the year TOTALLY BLOWS!!! It is twice the work for me. I have worked there for approx. 3 1/2 years. My boss although he is an old curmudgeon, I really care for him a lot and try really hard to do things right for him. He is 62 and has 2 kids my age, 2 in their early 20s and two MY kids ages. Yes 5 girls and 1 boy. The boy is my age and no he is NOT a looker. Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah.... I work in post closing which of course in after the real estate closing (hence the word "post" closing). We have 2 girls gather all the information needed for the closing, who, what bank (if any), the insurance, the pest inspection report, commissions, etc... We have 2 girls that search the titles at the courthouse to make sure we don't miss anything as far as the property goes. My attorney goes over every little detail of every single closing. He roughs out a settlement statement and another girl takes it, makes all the parties happy especially the bank, makes all the monies balance and gets it ready for my attorney to take it in to the closing. When that is all over, he hands it to me to make sure payoffs are made, closing packages get to the banks and everyone gets their money. So before a file can go live (hopefully) in the file cabinet, I have to go over it with my fine tooth comb, fix any typos, make sure it is recorded properly in the proper orders, etc. This gets SO tedious and BORING I can't even tell you. Just imagine! The only problem is, I am good at it. I mean a little too good at it. Now litigation wants me to proof read. Um no, I totally refuse. "Not my job man!" I don't even like the other part of our office let alone do work for them?!?! I know who signs MY paycheck. It will continue to get signed regardless if I do work for them.
Wow! This is an exciting post, NOT!!!! LOL!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I can relate to the boring world of real estate. I work for a full-service real estate investment firm as a copywriter and my creativity is quite limited. I get frustrated at times but it has its moments.
I hope your workload has decreased.

12:16 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I say don't help them...people are bitchy in real estate...and add law to it, and damn...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Tell me about it!!! It is a dry business to begin with!

Oh I am SO NOT helping those litigation losers!! Keep trying buttheads!

10:55 AM  
Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

At least you have a sense of humor about it...I'd be sitting in the darkest corner telling everyone "shhhhhh I'm NOT here"....LOL

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home