Wednesday, August 15, 2007

TFTD....
That is "thought for the day" if you didn't know.
Why is it that people who have no clue what they are talking about do the most talking?
Please read in to this that the person sitting next to me at work is a birdbrained excessive talking moron. Yesterday I made the comment that I (being the Big Mama that I am) made my children pay the admission for the dance at the school this Friday. It was $5.00 a piece. I feel that they need to start learning that I am not made of money and for their entertainment once in a while they need to fork it over. OOooooooo big F-ing deal right? She started on a rant of,"I can't believe you are making them pay for that!!! When MY kids were that age I paid for everything.... Being social is a huge part of making them happy.... When they 're happy they do better in school....blah blah blah freaking BLAH!!!!"
O.K. so this is the same person whose 24 year old daughter (who BTW is getting married in October) is still having her mommy put money in to her account. And her 25 year old son works as a bartender and is constantly high and out of money. Maybe she should take a lesson from me and cut the kids off and make them stand on their own two feet!!!!!
RANT OVER
*Big Mama out*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with what you did. My kids are paying for their own education. One works steady to do so, the other took out a loan. I also am not a big fan of buy cars for their kids at 16 either. Geeze Im not made of money either. Im still paying for my own car.

Sorry, lol now its turning into my rant. I think parents should unite and say NO!

1:21 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

You get her big mama. Clearly she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.

Kids are tooooo spoiled these days, of course they need to learn the value of money. You done good!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Melly` said...

Oh you are SO right - and why do people critisise us when their own backyard isnt perfect? The art of budgetting is a valuable one and good on you for teaching it to your kids. (P.S the coworker torturing me at the moment's own kid.. has some ... err problems too)

4:40 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

You know I learned a long time ago that you are not always going to agree with how others parent. That does not make them wrong and even if it does you should keep your big mouth shut. My brother has paid for everything for his wifes kids and they have never had to earn anything in their whole life. Do to this they are worthless little bastards who will never have the responsibilty or maturity to live on their own. It isfar better in my opinion to teach your kids that everything comes at a price and that you are not the one that is going to pay it.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home