Tuesday, April 24, 2007

WHY?
I'm sure you are going to wonder why I am putting this here on my blog space.......
Teen Arrested for Family Stabbing

The search has ended for a wanted teenager who police say brutally attacked his family.
16-year-old ***** is in custody at the ***** County Jail. Deputies say he stabbed his mother, his step-father, and his 7-year old step-brother with a switch blade knife.
The mother and step-father are at Memorial Health, their conditions are unknown, the brother died.
It all happened around 8:30 Friday night on *****Drive, off ******Road. The teen was on the run for more than 12 hours.
Friday night officers combed the woods using dogs and a helicopter with infrared trying to locate him. Law enforcement requested people who lived in the area to stay in their homes with their doors locked throughout the search.
Around 10:30 am Saturday deputies spotted ***** in the woods and arrested him. Neighbors say they are shocked that something like this could happen in their community.
***** was a wrestler at ******* School. He later transferred to ***** School in Savannah and this year returned to ******* High School. Wrestling coach ****** knew ***** well, he was his coach at **** School. "He was a kid who loved playing sports, he was a good kid, competitive. He was a tough kid, never intimidated. He did anything I asked of him. Always say yes sir," said *******.
Coach ****** said students at ***** School are shocked over what has happened.
****** will be arraigned Tuesday morning. He is charged with Felony Murder, Malice Murder, 3 counts of Aggravated Assault, 3 counts of Aggravated Battery, Cruelty to a Child, and Possession of a Knife or Firearm during the commission of a crime.
My daughter came home from school yesterday and asked what murder meant. My baby, my innocent little child told me that they had a moment of silence in school and they had grief councilors. Then she asked me the question that I could NOT answer. "Mama, why did that little boy have to die?" I told her,"His mommy is going to need an angel right now and that was the only thing that God could think of to do for her. So he is her angel and will take care of her while she is dealing with all the sadness of missing him and hurting for her other son." She seemed satisfied with that answer,
I'm not.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

It's so sad how the world is going, our innocent children exposed to such horrible things. I cant even phathom what could be so bad to drive a person to do that.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

That is probably the hardest question that a parent can face. It defies logic to a child. I do like your answer that you gave her even though it is uncomprehendable for an adult to rationalize

11:27 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

It is such a jacked up world we live in right now. I just don't understand it :-(

12:53 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

If more parents took the time to talk to their kids the way you do- there would be less of this shit happening in the world.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Without reading the other comments yet, I would say that as a parent, we search for the right answers, and they never seem to come to us at the right time. Also, no answer is wrong, nor is it completely right, I think we take from a conversation what we want to, and deal with it best we know how.
I think, you answered the question best you knew how to at that time. You may want to explain a little more when you feel you have more to add, or just keep an eye out for what your kids are up to and just be there for them.
Sadly, just the other day, I had to tell my 6yr old who was born with a smile, not to talk to strangers...sad, we all used to talk to everyone.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Now I read the other comments I concur with tysgirl fully.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm am so sorry for whatever incomprehensible pain and anger that boy must have lived through and felt to have done what he did. I don't personally think I am even capable of truly understanding what motivates someone like that even if they were to sit down and sincerely try to explain it to me.

Stories like these leave me feeling helpless and hopeless and afraid for my children. It frightens me to know what they are up against, and my only comfort is knowing the world is a better place because of children like ours.

I'm glad your daughter is in my world. Thank you.

7:41 PM  
Blogger FU said...

:(

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home