Thursday, March 29, 2007

DIDJA MISS ME???
I knew it!
Well, I went to the cardiologist yesterday afternoon. Looks O.K. so far, they have to do an echo cardiogram on the 20th of next month *sigh* more waiting.... I am confident that everything will be fine, I AM Big Mama of course. They can't schedule my surgery for my other issues until they can be sure that my heart is gonna be good. SO needless to say I have some more waiting for everything else.
I know that men do read my blog and I LOVE my men!!!
SO, I have to warn you that I am going to do a little "girlspeak".
As you all know I don't talk girl very often, but I feel that you all need to know a little bit more about the what I like to call,"south of the border issues"...
I have had a non-stop period for over two years (gross!).....(visual!)
Thanks alot!!!! Sorry....
This is what I am trying to get taken care of.
Unfortunately I have also had high blood pressure for about 11 years and not one Dr. has taken it seriously until now. Now that I am showing signs of heart disease. Now that I am needing to go under.... YAY! Thanks..... That's why they call it practicing medicine I guess. My dad has always had high blood pressure and all the docs knew, I kept telling them, but no one listened. No dumbass I don't eat salt and yes I do drink lots of water, it's still high, it STAYS high, so what are we going to do about it brainiac? FINALLY!!! Someone listened to me and I can finally get it taken care of. But now that they think there may be a problem, all the other not so necessary things can wait. Yeah, let me recount that for you, my iron is low, wonder why? Oh yeah I am bleeding to death, that's right! You would think with the volume of blood loss (eeeewwwww), I would have really low pressure. I guess not.
So my friends, that's it in a nutshell. Eventually I WILL be fine, right now it's just a great big waiting game. At least I have WAY more answers today than I have had for years. See, I told you I'm fine, it just unnerved me....

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

:) I have no words, I'm just so happy you're ok. Hugs!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yup....we appear to be living identical lives. So sorry to hear someone else has been going through this crap, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers that they are able to get things resolved with you soon.

In the meantime, say one for me that the Cardiologist gives the go ahead for me, cause if he does I'm goin' under the knife next Tuesday. My hemoglobin is still pretty low, but the odds of it getting better aren't good so it's time to do the deed. Wooohoo!!! (or at least I hope it's woohoo...

I'll be waiting to do the happy dance for you when you get the all clear. 'Cause you WILL get it...you just have to!

HUGS

12:31 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I am glad that your heart issue is being taken care of, it can't be that serious otherwise they would have given you an echo asap.

I am glad that you are okay!

8:35 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

I cannot even begin to fathom what that must be like! I'm so sorry but I'm so happy you're getting some answers and possible solutions!

HANG IN THERE!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

It will be fine. I've had a year+ of medical issues. It's not comforting, but sometimes it just does take time (and the right doctors) to help you figure it all out. Attitude helps a lot and you will be just fine in the end :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

yeah....so my cardiologist hates me. *sigh*

4:46 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

You poor thing! I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I had this problem for a long time also. I had to eventually have a hysterectomy. I did not have cardiac problems prior to surgery, but I did post op, because of an infection I got.
I know we have to clear patients cardiac wise prior to going under the knife. That is foremost in any operation.
Have you been given the option of having a Mirena IUD inserted?? It emits a small amount of the Progesterone and other hormones locally in the uterus and the bleeding ceases. It lasts 5 years and can be done in outpatients clinic of a Women's Hospital.
I did have the Mirena Inserted, it was great for a year for myself, then I had to have it removed and the bleeding began back full pelt again, so the only option was uterus removal.
But...this IUD works for so many ladies, and prevents you having to have the operation.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Tyguy said...

Hi Big Mama! As one of "your men" I want to welcome you back. You were missed. Hope things continue to go well for you.

.....with all those good vibes coming your way things have to be ok!!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Melly` said...

My best wishes! I hope it gets sorted quickly!

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home