Tuesday, November 14, 2006

WELL....
I had last Friday, Monday and today off work. Yep, I really needed a mental health weekend. I feel like I decompressed. The hubby, my sweet love took yesterday and today off to be home with me. We had a LOT of fun with the house to ourselves and the kids at school. We didn't leave the house at all....
I feel like I can go back to work now without feeling overwhelmed. I always worry about not being there and if I should go in there after hours for some sort of damage control. We have a nasty little "office manager" whom I like to call "La Cucaracha". She loves to sift through your desk for ANYTHING!!!! I have nothing to worry about, I just can't stand someone invading my space. I can't lock my stuff and the girl who sits next to me totally has my back on EVERYTHING. BUT, I hate going to work after a few days off just because of her. Anyway... I wasn't going to post about the goings-on in my workplace. It's not not unlike the goings-on in other people's workplaces.
On Saturday we took Littleman and his best bud Tallman down to River Street and then to Forsythe Park. O.K. so that's not big news but they brought their instruments and played for the public. They tried for tips but no one dropped money in the cases. Oh well, better luck next time. Being Veterans Day they started the set with God Bless America, then the Star Spangled Banner. People clapped and it was good for their self esteem. Tallman plays the tuba. That thing is a bitch to carry!!! LM plays the sax, it's much easier to tote and he plays really good! So with that I will leave you some pics of our day;
*There are a LOT more but blogger is being poopie and I can't upload more right now, but hopefully tomorrow you will get a chance to see the rest...*
Setting up...

The Star Spangled Banner...

Just about to start playing...

Of course I will continue with Pics Part 2 tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Wayy cool, I love that instrument...and I also love the Star Spangled Banner..it is just wonderful..besides our own countries anthem that is. :)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Sounds like it was a well needed few days off.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mental health weekends should be mandatory every few months. People are always so much more productive when they've had some time to unwind.

I love the pictures of the boys playing their instruments...I so would've gave them a tip. Nothing is better than seeing a kid doing something worthwhile with his time! Congrats on raising a fine boy!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Cazzie!!! That means a lot coming from you!

As you can see, I was spammed, LOL!

Miranda you have never said anything so true in your whole entire life!

tysgirl- I am so glad you have been frequenting this place. You are always so encouraging... Thanks for the "virtual tip" my son would appreciate that.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home