Sunday, October 22, 2006

NOW WHAT DID I SAY?!?!?!
Yep, that's right, I said I was going to post more pics tomorrow... ooops! LOL!!! Well, I'm here now so...
When we were in Charleston, S.C. we went to this little retro 2nd hand store. In fact we go there every time we go up to Charleston. The following pics were taken inside this funky little store.
Can't have retro without the obligatory Elvis...
Does anyone else remember 8 Track Tapes???

Martin Luther King, Jr. and his wife & John F. Kennedy and his brother...

A LIFE SIZE poster of Farrah Fawcett!!!

No REALLY!!! It really WAS life sized!!!

A really funky lamp that I just LOVED!

Barbie and Pluto all in the same picture...

Fun furniture...

This picture is so wrong! on so many different levels I just have to post it and let you all see for yourselves...

There was also an incident that made me feel older than I really am!!!! GF and I were walking through the store and two girls (from here forward known as "young whippersnappers") picked up an odd looking object with tubes, chords and a bag all contained in a box with a zipper on it. They were trying to guess what it was to no avail. So the young whippersnappers asked US! if we knew what it was.....*sigh* sadly we did. "That is a portable hairdryer that women used to use 'back in the day' so their hair would dry faster on rollers..." I remember my mom used one of those and GF remembered her mom using one of those. I guess MY generation is a little older than the young whippersnappers!!! Then after that little incident we looked around and were acutely aware of the fact that everything in that store was a part (somewhere/somehow) of our childhood...

7 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

THat funky lamp is mirror image to one my aunt has and it is set low above a snooker table in their pool room..I love it :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Isn't it great! I love funky eclectic stuff like that! (is your aunt just a little "old fashioned"?)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Oops did blogger swallow my comment? I love going to those antique collecter shows, full of useless stuff, but I always go OMG I remember that.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Eight-track tapes, sure, I remember them. But I never used them even when they were the 'in' format. They always seemed dated to me.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles
Boston, Mass.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I want that lamp! :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger CP said...

OMG. I totally had that swag lamp hanging over my kitchen table in the 1970's! With our wood paneling...and stucco! *LMAO*

God, I'm so old.

CP.

9:39 PM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

omg. As a kid, I remember 8-Track tapes in my dad's truck. High-tech and the latest rage back then, baby!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home