Monday, November 20, 2006

TFTD......
*thought for the day*
A woman NEEDS a man like a zebra NEEDS a bicycle.
I found an old button I wore years ago with that saying on it. My daughter loved it and "got it" right away. I have always told her that men are nice to have around and I enjoy papa's company very much....but I don't NEED him. I am very capable of taking care of myself. I have always been very independent and I like me that way. I lived alone for quite a while before I got married. I am so glad I had that opportunity. I love what I have now I think in great part because I don't mourn what it could have been like had I stayed single with no kids. I know what it was like and I am very happy the way it is now.
Talk about setting the feminist movement back about 100 years....

3 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

A woman NEEDS a man like a zebra NEEDS a bicycle..what a classic, and what a hoot of a pic :)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Melly` said...

Hell yeah - tis all very nice that we have our companions... but really we dont NEED them.

We just like them. For when things that go bump in the night. For when icky things could be in the garden. For reaching tall things and carrying heavy things. Adult moments - I am particularly fond of them. Odd noises in the car problem solving. Better than a hot water bottle.. they dont go cold. Great to blame things on - like when you dont want to go to a girlfriends "do" and you say... "Oh.... MOTH (man of the house) had a temper tantrum... YOU KNOW"... and all the girls nod... they do....

Defining needs and wants can be a very hard thing. When the MOTH is away I think he is a need. When he is here.. he is a want - that can get in my way!

But - like children.. they look so nice when they are sleeping!?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Very profound.... And, there's nothing wrong with liking things exactly the way they are. :)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home