Tuesday, August 08, 2006

WHEW!!!
I'm glad that's over. Yesterday was the first day of school. I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Babygirl came home and reported that it was way better than her last school and this was the best decision we ever made. Wow! That was way better than I anticipated!!! Can't beat that with a stick...
Littleman came home a happy camper as well. This kid is jaded beyond belief. He has attended some of the WORST schools in the country. Hey, I'm not kidding folks, Georgia schools are some of the worst in the nation and the county we lived in had the worst schools in Georgia. Hence he went to a couple of the worst schools.... He is making friends already and said he feels like he fits in. I have never in all the years he ever went to school EVER heard him say that. He has always felt like an outcast, a loner amongst the masses. It makes my heart swell to hear that he is happy after all this time. I only hope he remains so. He said that it is so different here, the kids are quiet and he feels like he can concentrate a little better. This is a kid with ADHD and has been medicated for years. With him it is always "wait and see" but I feel like for once in his life he feels like he is a part of the bigger picture.
All in all I have to say that I am ONE HAPPY BIG MAMA!!! You can't get better than that! Hopefully things will only get better for them both and if that's the truth we are in for a fantastic school year!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if Little man came out with a positive attitude like that, I would say awesome! I believe that sets the tone for the rest of the year. Woohoo!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so glad to hear the first day went well!! Doesn't that just do your heart good. *happy sigh* Especially your son...feeling a part of things...that's soooo important :-)

Are you still in GA? The hubby is from there and we've thought about moving back to be closer to his family over the years and always talked ourselves out of it because of the school systems. Not that Oklahoma is winning any awards either.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Nevada Girl- I have been waiting for this for a long time and I am so happy, I can't even tell you...

Yes Lisa we are still in Georgia, but not in Chatham County any more. The school system we are in now ROCKS! Every time I tell people where the kids go they say I made the right move and I will love it, etc... We pay a lot (LOT MORE) for mortgage, but it is totally worth it if my kids get a good education.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Gareth said...

I hope it just gets better for him.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks Gareth, me too...

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home