Monday, July 31, 2006

OMG!!!
I swear there has GOT to be something wrong with me. I woke up this morning sweating, fear, dread and anxiety FULL FORCE!!! I mean I sat straight up in bed, ready to run. I hate when that happens. Nothing good EVER comes from a wake-up like that.
I was dreaming that it was the children's first day of school.....and I was afraid that some unknown thing was going to hurt them. Specifically my daughter. I was afraid to leave her there. This school year they are both starting in new schools in a new county with no friends yet. I guess that is where my anxiety comes from. Of course as any good mom would do, I let them know everything is going to be great and they will have so much fun. But on the inside I am dying for them. They have never had to be "the new kid" until now.... I keep reinforcing the fact that it is a new fresh start and life from here on in is going to be wonderful.
I hope so...

9 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

What if you were to look up some youth groups or sporting groups the kids could join in on and meet kids that will go to school with them...you are a good mum to be concerned..but I betcha they are more elastic than you think :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Bloghopped here from....heck, I don't even remember 'cause I see your name on several blogs I read. lol

So anyway.... yeah, waking up like that sucks, and YES there is something wrong with you... your a mom. When they are born... whammo... instant affliction. You care more about how THEY are than a good nights sleep.

2:05 PM  
Blogger NeverEnough said...

I'm starting to have those same nightmares...

6:54 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh Cazzie!!! I am not really worried about them (well, terribly anyway) I just don't want to project my insecurities and fears on them. I know in my heart they will do fine...

Hey Lisa, welcome! I am the Notorious Blurker, surfing from blog to blog... Am just about to head over your way... Looks like we have the same blogging sense!

neverenough, I'm sorry you are having those too, c'mon back and chill out here any time you want.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Yay! It's party time for us moms!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I remember being the "new kid" in the 2nd grade...I also remember sitting on the stairs at home every morning before school just BAWLING my eyes out because I didn't want to go to the new school. Two little twats picked on me, but I didn't want to tell my Mom. I think she cried after I finally got to school each morning.

You're a great Mom for worrying about them, but they WILL be fine!

FYI: Eventually I beat up both of the little bitches and then when I became super popular, I'd make my cronies go harass them.

Good times, good time ;-)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's a never ending job to worry...being a mother and all. If you didn't worry, then I would think something was wrong with you. ;)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I dreamed a tornado was headed toward my house and I didn't have a clue where to go.

Of course, we had horrible storms last night, I'm sure it all revolved around my subconscious.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

So, soozieq, I take it that I should give her a box of tissues and a baseball bat?!?! LOL!!! Only teasing... I can use all the humor I can get right about now.

Yes ~deb, you hit the nail on the head. It's my job to worry about them so I guess I am doing the right thing, LOL!

LOL @ Sherri, I HATE THAT!!! Did you wake up to your digital binking??? LOL!!!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home