Tuesday, April 25, 2006

WHY DO PEOPLE ALL OVER FEEL THE NEED TO BE STUPID?!?!
Christopher (who is very awesome) posted this April 27th... and it makes me sad to think that idiots out there are wasting time, effort and money on this and other nonsense. I teach my children that being tolerant of others is the only thing that will help this nation to grow as a whole. It is sad that bigots still exist and are encouraged by others in their idiocy. I was brought up in one of the "whitest" states in the nation, Vermont. It was wonderful but I never saw a black person until I got a "Fresh Air" kid when I was like 12. Unless you count seeing them on TV. (Hi Alicia if you are out there!) I don't care what your sexual orientation is, I don't care what color you are and I don't care what religion you are. If you are a good person with a good heart and soul it will shine through. I adamantly believe that teaching my children that GLBT is normal. I do tell them that it is not my gig but if it is for someone else, who am I to say it's wrong or immoral. They don't care what I do behind the privacy of my bedroom door and they may think it strange or awkward. Do I care? No. The same as I don't care what happens behind the privacy of their bedroom doors. Same as I don't care about the straight couple next door.... I believe in letting people be themselves no matter what. That is what this world needs are more people who just love. Love is a powerful thing and the more love and less negativity out there the better. I was brought up to believe that love conquers all, love thy neighbor and do unto others as you would have done unto you.
I think a lot of people need a reality check. GLBT are not going anywhere and people just better get used to it.
If you look at history (not that I am a great history buff, but...) We as a nation (as a whole) have made a lot of ugly mistakes in the past.... Women were thought not to be created equal, but they learned that we are a force to be reckoned with. Slaves were commonplace.... which is a disgrace and an ugly time in American history. People who thought "outside the box" were touted as witches and burned alive.... only to realize years later that there is no such thing. (big oooops! there people) I only hope (for us as a nation) that we learn to back people up, no matter what, no matter the color, religion or sexual orientation. We are all people, we all bleed, we are all born and we all die. That is what makes us human and I believe that love and happiness is a human right. If you don't like it tough shit, don't look, it's not hurting you. What hurts are small minded inbred bigots.
Wow! That was a rant and a half!!! I hope you all agree and if you didn't before you read this I hope I gave you something to think about. Whew....

6 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yes I do totaly agree with you there, at the end of the day we are all going to be dust and it does upset me to know that not everyone is accepting of others because of their sexual orientation, or gender identity disorders..all because they have problems with "themselves". It is like it just might happen to question their own orientation because they see others being happy doing what they want to do and all.
If there were more accepting people out there in the world then my friends and I would not have to worry so much about "what others may think". However, as time goes on life has seemed to become a little easier. Being comfortable with yourself, and accepting of people's differences is the way to go.
Cheers Cazzie!!!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Thanks for comin' by Mama. Ya might want to fix the link to my page about what was posted...it only goes to haloscan. Click on the time the blog was posted and it will take you to the single link of the entry :) Again, it is always lovely to hear from ya. Miss Minerva Jayne and I are off to raise a ruckus (as much as one can in Boise). If you're ever on myspace, check out my profile and acccount there too:
myspace.com/awnryfaggot
Again, thanks for coming by and saying hello.
much love
Kissyfur

12:33 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks for posting this. You know, there are a lot of bigots in this world, and people who are racists…… whatever……..however, there are a lot of people within the GLBT community as well as being of another culture who will pull the ‘gay card’ or the ‘black card’ on people—which leaves a bad taste in your mouth by the time you get done talking with them. So sometimes it can be the attitude of the person who has been discriminated against.

In New York, where I live, we have these gay & lesbian groups that are more like cults. They are aggressive and very defensive towards heterosexual people. They prance around in parades topless displaying their sexuality around the city. No wonder they wouldn’t let them march in the St. Patty’s Day Parade this past March. Some GLBT members give ‘us’ a bad name. So what I’m trying to say is, some heterosexuals base their opinions on the ones that display us in a negative light.

All in all…it shouldn’t matter. GLBT/other cultures should walk in love and not in defense. There’s a lot of miscommunication and a lot of presumptions that make me sick sometimes… It’s sad, isn’t it?

I usually surround myself with heterosexuals ONLY because even though I’m a lesbian, ………the lesbians in my community treat me like an outcast because they are disgusted that I associate with straight people. I mean—come on! They’re just as discriminative as other people. Believe me. I see it all the time. I think it’s based on the individual.

What a great post! You’re right though- who gives a rat’s ass about what goes on behind closed doors. I certainly DO NOT want to know… (eeeeGADzz!!!)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Gareth said...

A big hug from a Gay guy the other side of the Ocean.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

cazzie!!!- Thanks, I just love when you come over here for a visit!

Christopher- You are awesome, thanks for the heads up (I fixed it thanks to you). I wish I could hang with y'all one night in Boise, we could make a lot of noise!

~deb- words of wisdom as always.

Gareth- I just love when you come and visit (((gareth)))<--hugs right back to you!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Oh Mama. You're always more than welcome to visit anytime...any of the bloggers are!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home