Tuesday, April 25, 2006

WELL LIFE IS...
You know you can finish that sentence with a LOT of things. I have to end that with something to the effect of "tiring". We did the home inspection on the new house yesterday. It went well. We found a few minor adjustments that need to be made before we move in. The inspector cost $250 and when we went to pay him he was taken aback saying he had never been paid in cash before, LOL!!! I made him write "Paid In Full" on the bill.
I realized just how peaceful I felt sitting there. I think this will be good for me. I know it will be good for the kids. They are both excited about starting a new school and making a boatload of new friends. I didn't expect to stay at the new house for 1/2 a day but hey that's what I had to do, so sue me. The boss didn't even notice I was gone. Today I got up about 2:30am, couldn't sleep so I just layed there thinking of where my life is going. Sometimes I wonder where my life is headed. I don't see me becoming rich or famous but I know I have done better than my parents. I guess that is what everyone can "hope" for but strive for better than that.
Friday evening my best friend whom I have mentioned plenty of times.... came over and we rode out to the new place. All she did was complain and criticize everything. What a bitch. Here are some really nice comments:
"Why would anyone want to live THIS far out away from the city...."
"I don't see what's so great about these schools, all the Georgia schools rank last in the nation so these suck too..."
"The sand gnats are going to eat you alive out here with all these woods, I hope you own stock in bug spray..."
"The house is cute (AKA small) I hope you don't turn it in to something white trash and put an above ground pool in the yard..."
You know after all that (I was fuming) I really started wondering what we have in common and why on earth is SHE my BF??? We have history together mainly. We do love a good laugh but she is so negative and condescending all the time. I never realized just how much of a pain in the ass she is! I need new friends.
We road trip really well together, she is a great driver. She is so high maintenance though, I am so not!!! She can work a camera better than anyone I have ever known. I mean there are a lot of positive things about her but lately that person is hidden under a lot of depression and low self esteem. Not to mention she smokes pot and drinks alcohol like it is going out of style. I don't drink too much as I can go months without one. As far as ganja goes, no thanks I have better things to do with my time and money. I wish she would stop trying to alter her state to make her happy and just improve her social life and get healthy. She is a pain in my ass but I do love her very much. I just don't need anyone to rain on my parade and she tried. I know you all have been out there reading this (even if you are not commenting I know you are blurking). You all have given me strength (sounds sappy but I mean it) to know that someone out there somewhere, (people I have yet to meet) think I am going in a positive direction. I know that you also know this transition in my life is a big one. I am hoping to improve my children's station in life, they deserve it.
Have you noticed that I am totally rambling on and on and on..... I am so tired from no sleep I guess I had better hit those sheets! G'night y'all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks FU, you are right I need REAL friends. I need to stop trying to be nice and tell her exactly how I feel. Now if all my blog-friends would just move a little closer I would be surrounded with great people....

10:42 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

One of my best friends is a total bore. Seriously, when I'm with her I sit and think about how bored I am. But, then I remember just how much fun she used to be when we were kids.

Sometimes they need us desperately to bring that back out in them.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

We are in the midst of finding a new abode at the moment too..it is very tiring I have to say and we need SPACE as we have the four kids to cater for. We are lookin at places close to their schools and kindergartens too. Thius way we can walk/ride there each day. Feaul is costing the Earth here, almost $1.40 per litre which is just phenomenal I say.
Good luck with your hunting, and have fun with your kids..we just got back form the park I take them to every day after school.
Cheers Cazzie!!!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

JUst an addit to the last comment, I think that you sound like you are so ready for a change in your life, the kids are too, they are so adaptable to new situations and all. As they make new friends then you shall too with their new friends' parents.
You sound so easy going that it would be easy to get to know you over a cuppa coffee and a slice of cake I am sure!!
Cheers Cazzie!!!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home