Thursday, February 01, 2007



THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO THE MAN I LOVE....









Look, I know he doesn't read this blog. Hell, he doesn't even know that I have a blog. This is my very own secret. I guess we all need to keep a little something that is just ours. Today is our 15th wedding anniversary! Yep, that's right the hubby has put up with all my quirks for longer than that. He is da'MAN!



He is the kindest most gentle soul I have ever known. I wish each one of you could meet the man, the legend (heehee). He is my opposite and my equal he is a good balance for me. He's beautiful.



We laugh all the time and he really makes me believe that I am worth it.



I almost lost him on April 4th, 2005. He was racing his motorcycle on a private track.



There were a few amateurs there and unfortunately one of them got right in front of him going in to the first turn. He avoided hitting the guy but his motorcycle hit the pea stones and took the wheels right out from under him. I was not at the race. I was home with the children, 4 hours from him. I got the phone call everyone dreads. He never got back up. He was being airlifted to the trauma unit. My heart sank. I am crying as I am typing this... No one could tell me anything. I called the hospital. They wouldn't tell me anything. I got in my car and headed south on I-95. Unfortunately there were wildfires blowing across the highway and they stopped traffic, so there I sat. We were at a standstill. I couldn't think straight. I called my brother who lives in Jacksonville (who happens to be married to my hubby's sister). The were just about to walk out the door. They were less than 15 minutes from the hospital. They called me when they got there to let me know that he was still alive but that was all they knew.






I have never felt so alone in my whole life.






A normal trip there would take 2 hours. It took me almost 6. Lucky for me he has recovered and the only thing he has now is residual headaches.
He is still my rock. He is still in one piece and I thank God everyday that we wake up next to each other. I know most of you come here for a good laugh or to read about another misadventure of one of the kids. Very rarely to I ever talk about the hubby. He is one awesome person. I am so blessed to be able to say that I married the man of my dreams.






Happy Anniversary Baby, I love you more than you will ever know!



Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

Ahhh,my eyes are leaking! Boy for someone who begged me not to cry...you're sure making it hard on a girl not to!

Happy Anniversary Big Mama. Hugs!

(Blogger is being very stubborn today, I had to turn cartwheels and shoot flames out my ass to get this comment posted)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Don't feel bad Tysgirl, I cried writing it. I had great pics with it and when I hit the publish button?!?!?! Nothing! So I have to try again later to add the handsome pics. Thank you so much for all your support, I got your e-mail earlier. You are so SO sweet! Thank you.

12:09 PM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Very nice :) Happy Anniversary!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thank you Scott

1:38 PM  
Blogger Gareth said...

Happy Anniversery to yu both.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thank you Gareth, I don't see you over here too much but am very happy when you stop to say hey...

3:14 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Gorjus...look I know I didn't spell that right, I am just in a silly mood, LOL.

Have a wonderful anniversary, savour each moment :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Melly` said...

Happy anniversary!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh, that is beautiful!
Happy Anniversary!
~xo

1:10 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I TRIED desperately to get on here yesterday to no avail.

So Happy (belated) Anniversary!!!

I think you're both pretty lucky to have each other (In other words, you rock too Big Mama :-)

He is tres handsome though, I must say!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Cazzie!!! Thank you, he has taught me to treat every day like it's our last.

Thank you Melly.

Thank you Lee Ann.

Hey SoozieQ I was having a terrible time with this thing the other day too... Thank you, you are so sweet and I agree, even after all this time, he is my favorite hottie!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

aww....ok

first: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
second: omg you made me cry too
third: wow...he's cute.

Im very happy for you and your hottie.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

awww..... Big Mamma that is the sweetest thing I've ever read!

Happy Anniversary!!!

I think he knows he's pretty damn lucky to have you too. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Awwwwww, darlin! I know what you are going through. I almost lost the hotband in March of 2004 to a pulmonary embolism in his lungs. It's scary, the thought of losing your rock. He's so handsome! I wish you guys a lifetime of love and happiness...

and helmets! *L*

CP.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home