Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm back, I am really really back! Sorry it took so DAMN long to get back here where I belong... I'm sure you understand. Our server at work crashed leaving us limping, barely working and totally offline at work! Talk about the odds against me! I just couldn't win.
Well this last weekend we went down to my parents house for the obligatory Merry Christmas with the fam. You know, if you have read my stuff in the past you would have some understanding of how freaking stressful this is for me. I love love love my family. It is just stressful. My mother butchered my hair (thanks mom). I look like a monchichi... except they looked cute with that hair. Oh well, at least hair grows.
We picked names out of a hat this year so we weren't obliged to buy for every thankless person there. (I did anyway, I just wasn't obliged to). I picked Pops, which was perfect. He is my most favorite person on the earth. I bought him 2 new sets of electric blue towels. I also got him peanut brittle, a gift card to Lowes and a little frypan that I knew he wanted. Doesn't sound like very much, but it was everything that he wanted. I was pleased and so was he. My eldest brother picked me and (for never seeing my kitchen) did a great job on some kitchen accessories. I was worried because his gift buying in past was a little umm... different. LOL!!! Please don't think I am being mean, he and I are just from different worlds. He is a very tough, Harley driving, beer drinking, pot smoking long haired tattoo sporting, throw caution to the wind kinda guy. I love him and he is sweet, we are just polar opposites. Just saying...*sheesh*
Anyway it was a 4 hour ride there and a 4 hour ride back home. We left here Saturday at 8:30am and returned home 6:00 Sunday. My hot hubby drove the whole way to and from, he RULES!!!! At one point we were (and this is no lie) traveling 1 mph. I can prove it but blogger won't let me upload the pic!?!?! There was a horrible accident on I-95 and it caused us to sit in traffic for a VERY long time. That's ok, we made it home safe and life is good. I just hope everyone was ok in that accident, but after looking at the wreck (yes, I rubbernecked but I wasn't driving so I could) I am guessing if they survived, they weren't feeling very good... I am pretty well done shopping for the fam, yay for me! I would tell you what I got, but I am afraid that my Babygirl will read this and know all my secrets. Instead I will show you pics when it's all said and done. Well, that is IF blogger would be so kind as to let me!!! I was really jonsing for all of you. I promise to kick, bite and maim the next moron who messes up my computer. I can't be away from my blog family for this long again.
I hope you all forgive me and give a chance to catch up really soon with all of you. Thanks so much for all my nice well wishes. See you all tomorrow.
C'mon, tell Big Mama what y'all want for Christmas this year...

10 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Gotta give hubbie credit for driving the entire time! :)

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! (Politically correct term...) So Merry Christmas! ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Thanks ~deb, I am so very blessed to have my hubby, he's hot and sweet, can't beat that combo!
I also feel double blessed because I have made so many wonderful blogfriends such as yourself. Hope you have an awesome Christmas too... My best to Mad and the fam!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to wish you a happy Holiday season too! I hope Santa gives you everything you ask for, you deserve it!!

I want a Pony!! =P

If that doesn't pan out then a really nice pair of boots will do =)

xoxoxoxo Good to see you back!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Monchichis! I forgot all about them! Now that evil song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Merry Christmas!

10:46 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Shoot- what do I want for Christmas?
How about a lovely, stress-free day for everyone!

Like that's ever going to happen...

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippppeeee----> you're back! We missed you a lot!
Happy Holidays to you and yours, Big Mama.

I moved while you were gone, I'm now at http://tysgirl.wordpress.com/

9:24 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Shanderella- Thank you! If I were Santa, I would bring you the pony AND the boots! You know you can't ride a pony without boots...

Jessica- You're welcome, I have had that song stuck in my head for days now. I am just ashamed that I remember it... LOL!

Purpletwinkie- Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!

SB- DONE! I plan on having the stress-free-est day ever!

Tysgirl- I'm glad I was missed, wow I leave for a minute and you move.... LOL!!! Merry Happy wonderful Holidays to you too...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

A massage is in store I believe, yep, that's what want :)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Melly` said...

I so hope u have a lovely Christmas day! Am sure you will. Your clock says its almost 3.40 am... so your day begins as mine closes. I think I did get everything I wished for.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home